• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom DA Holders with Cord Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom DA Holders with Cord Storage

After spending over $1,000 dollars on DA's and Buffers I just didn't want that kind of investment laying in a box or thrown around my van.
    I made these little boxes to securely hold my tools and more importantly the cord. Those cords get tangled up in everything.

1/2 inch ply wood for the face makes for a strong foundation.
    I lined the "U" with felt to make sure the tool stays looking good.
    I'll paint them black when I paint the interior so they don't look pretty.

This one is for my Rupes Bigfoot. A $400 dollar tool needs a good home.

Cord goes in first that's what the channel is for

This one is for my G110

The box needs to be big enough to hold the cord but then I needed to put in little spacer at the top to go
    behind the backing plate and keep the tool in it's place

Looks good! These boxes can go anywhere. As I put more stuff in my van things need to move around and these are great little tool holders.

DetailingByM.com

Instead of being selfish, you share this with everybody. Stand-up move, sir!

Comment

Re: Custom DA Holders with Cord Storage

Originally posted by aerogt01 View Post
      Instead of being selfish, you share this with everybody. Stand-up move, sir!
      Thanks man! Well I know a lot of people have the same problems.
      I like to help people.
      Just giving people some ideas to make there set ups nice.
      I come up with these ideas as I sleep. This one was a doosie, I thought about it for a few months and then one night it finally came to me.
      The only problem is that I want to start working on them at 3 am! lol.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Genius! I'm making some the first chance I get.
        Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
        Guard: And your name is...?
        Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

Nice work Mario!

Not to hi-jack your thread...I made (scabbed together) a 3 sided wooden box (base and 3 sides) to place my DA when working. This way, this prevents the 'thing' from tipping over on its' side and lay on the pad.

Bill

Comment

These are awesome!!! How much are you selling them for?? haha just kidding, but really, they're awesome. I've had this dilemma forever too, everything in my truck is organized and in its place...and then there's the buffers, awkward shaped and cords hanging all over, and I've never figured out a solution. Bags, boxes, etc...

I might have to borrow this idea and see if I can figure a way to install them into my Explorer.
            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Ha! I just stole this thread and applied for a patent. YOU owe ME royalties. Give me the name of your attorney so I can steal him/her too. My stolen legal counsel will be in touch....

BTW bro, help me out here. The patent office wants a name for this thing. What do you call it? DA Hookup?

Comment

^^^^ You su ck

DetailingByM.com

Comment

^^Well, you know what the bumper sticker says about mean people...

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');