• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accepting payments from clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting payments from clients

What do you do when you receive payment form a client? Aside from turn with the money and run.

I take the money place it in my pocket, look the client in the eyes and say thank you.

Is that the right thing to do?

What about if they tip? If you don't count the payment you won't know about the tip to say thanks. I guess that's what the thank you card is for.
    Count out the money in front of the client
    45.24%
    Put the payment in a pocket and say thank you
    42.86%
    Other
    11.90%
    Last edited by scrub; Mar 31, 2005, 03:40 PM.

For me, it depends. For the regulars, they know what they owe and usually give me a check. For the "fly by nights," most times I only take cash unless for some stupid reason I trust them and yes, I do count it in front of them just as it's done in a store when you purchase something. If the amount is correct, I thank them and pocket it. If there is a tip, I make sure they meant to give me a tip.
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Comment

My friend,

Great point about double checking the client's counting. I like that. That's a good reason to count the payment in front of the client.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoiledMan
        I do count it in front of them just as it's done in a store when you purchase something. If the amount is correct, I thank them and pocket it. If there is a tip, I make sure they meant to give me a tip.
        Also if there is a tip I thank them for the tip as well.
        If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Yeah, I meant to imply that.
          Quadruple Honda Owner
          Black cars are easy!

Comment

Agree with the others... always thank the customer even it is a $1 (for example) and maybe, besides the thank you card you could give them a small gift like a keychain or something else small. they will always remember that sort of kindness more. make sure he feels a little crowned and highly awarded customer and they will return.... and not only for your good work but also for your kindness.

Comment

I know this really has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about, but ran across this and thought it was neat..

As the leading provider of POS car wash software and optimization technology, we can help you get the most out of your car wash investment.

Comment

With regulars, I accept the cash without counting and thank them. Most tip regularly anyway. With new customers, I count the money or check the amount of the check to make sure it is correct, and thank them and if they tipped, I let them know I appreciate the extra.
                Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I usually get checks, so no math work on those. For cash, it depends on the person. I have a lot of regulars, so I usually don't count with them.

Comment

When they approch me I start to howl, -- "YAAHOOOO DAS RIGHT BABY, SHOW MEEE DA MONEY DAS RIGHT"

Then I count it while I am saying, DAS RIGHT PAY DA MAN PAY DA MAN!"

If there is a tip less than $20 I say, "DARN MAN ONLY $20 TIP?? YOU DRIVE A BMW AND CAN ONLY TIP $20?!?!?! MAN IF I WOULD HAVE KNOW I WAS ONLY GOING TO GET $20 I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MORE MONEY OUT OF YOUR ASH TRAY!!"
                    Last edited by Superior Shine; Jun 6, 2005, 06:21 PM.
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Shine that made my night THANKS
                      Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

What do you guy's do about checks from new customers? Do you take it to their bank, or do you have a way of verifying if it's good?
                          r. b.

Comment

When somebody makes an appointment I get all ther contact info.
                            I can use this info to chase them down if a check dosn't clear.

I am a mobile detailer. I either do work at their home or work place. They know it and don't knowingly pass a bad check.

It is also important to have a work order signed by the client that you can you prove thew work was done.

I have been in business for over 15 years and I have only gotten burn maybe 4 or 5 times. And I think most of them were dealers.

Comment

Sounds like you have your bases covered.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');