• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Pre-Check List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customer Pre-Check List

Originally posted by Nick O View Post
    hey scrub, is there any chance that you could send me that checklist?

[Please use PM's; Thanks]
    Sorry for the delayed reply... I haven't been on the forum in a while.

Have to ask what's the "[Please use PM's; Thanks]".

Anyway Let me dig up the info and PM it to you or even an email. This will probably get edited.

Comment

I'd like to see the checklist as well scrub, if you could possibly PM it to me. Or maybe it would be easier to just post it on this thread seeing as multiple people are asking for it! Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub View Post
        Sorry for the delayed reply... I haven't been on the forum in a while.

Have to ask what's the "[Please use PM's; Thanks]".

Anyway Let me dig up the info and PM it to you or even an email. This will probably get edited.
        They were edited as the emails that were given were also for their business which is not allowed on MOL. We do not edit posts unless it goes against the Forum Rules.

If people wish to communicate between themselves, please use the PM's unless it is pertinent to everyone.

Thanks
        Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I to use a checklist and a walk around with each client. Well i don't really have a checklist but i do have a purchase order receipt that i do use for both listing all work the vehicle will be receiving and for what price. Then on the lower right hand of the receipt i draw a vehicle ( nothing fancy just a little outline with labels for the front, right, rear ect..) Then i do a walk around with the customer and mark down any damages that will not be getting fixed or that cant be fixed by me ( like deep scratches, damaged rims, torn leather on the interior ect..) and then make sure the client sees them. If it is something large like a cracked bumper then i do take pics. At the end i have the customer sign the receipt stating they are dropping it off with the date and time and i also have them initial over the damage assessment and then we annotate the vehicle mileage then we both get a copy. Other than that i also like to explain my services with each client if they wish and if they have swirls or other paint defects i like to inform them on how those types of thing occur that way they can try to avoid them in the future because you can only compound a car so many times and some people will just get there car looking nice then take it right back to a quick wash and be back a few months later needing the swirls removed again. It also works out both ways because it informs them and also they see just how much work it takes to really do a good job without installing swirl marks. Most of my customers seem amazed at how easily swirl marks can be applied and all the work and precautions us detailers do to avoid swirls such as specific wash mits, two bucket method, grit guard, drying method and so they just make sure to keep coming back to me. Of course for my recurring customers there is not need for alot of that and the process is alot faster because i don't explain things multiple times but i do the checklist thing every time just because most of my work is big jobs and i have the car in my possession for days and want to cover myself as well as making sure my customers feel safe as well.
          Last edited by Derrick; May 11, 2008, 11:25 PM.
          ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
          Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
          210-281-8151

Comment

I would think a quick walk around with the customer to show possible defects that can't be fixed. I.E. deep key scratch, clear coat failure etc.

Aaron
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Here's a basic copy. I liked this one the best. I never got around to purchasing a paint thickness gauge so I skipped those steps.

Owner Name ________________________________ Date _______________
              Address __________________________________ City __________________
              State / Zip _________ Contact Numbers _______________________________
              Year _________ Make ________________________ Model ____________
              Color _________________ Mileage In:__________ Mileage Out:___________
              a) Vehicle Smoked In: Yes / No b) Vehicle Garage Kept: Yes / No
              c) Vehicle Previously Buffed: Yes / No

Interior / Trunk
              1. Headliner Clean: Yes / No
              2. Type of Seats: Leather / Vinyl / Cloth If Leather: Clear Coated / Non Coated
              3. Condition of Carpet: Light Dirt / Stains / Heavy Dirt
              4. Seat Belt Condition: (Clean) Yes / No (Stains) Yes / No
              5. Door Panels: Light Soil / Heavy Soil
              6. Door Jambs, Kick Panels, Sill Plates: Light Soil / Heavy Soil
              7. Dash / Console Area Are All Instruments / Radios / Power Window and Seats etc in Working Order: Yes / No
              List Deficiencies___________________________________________________
              8. Condition of Glass: Dirty / Very Dirty / Fogging Present
              9. Does Interior Vinyl on Dash / Console Area Show Discoloration or Stains
              If Yes Which Parts: ________________________________________________

Engine Compartment
              1. Rate Condition: Light Soil Medium Soil Heavy Soil
              2. Evidence of Silicon Trim Applied: Yes / No
              3. Discolored Trim, Metal, Paint Present: Yes / No

Wheels / Wheel Covers / Tires
              1. Tires White Letter or White Wall: Yes / No
              2. Tires Exhibit Browning or other Discoloring: Yes / No
              3. Side Walls Exhibit Roughness or Unevenness: Yes / No
              4. Wheels Clear Coated: Yes / No
              5. Wheels Streaking / Brake Dust / Staining Present: LIGHT / HEAVY
              6. Wheel Wells: a) SOIL: Light / Heavy b) PAINT: Yes / No c) TAR: Yes / No

Condition of Exterior Paint Finish
              1. Clear Coat ____ Single Stage ____ 2. Repainted: Yes / No
              3. Industrial Fallout Present: Yes / No
              4. Acid Rain/ Water Spots/Etching Damage Yes / No
              a) Chips in Finish: Yes / No b) Scratches Present: Yes / No
              c) Swirls Present: Yes / No d) Tree Sap Present: Yes / No
              5. Paint Overspray Present: Yes / No
              6. Exterior Trim Condition – Discolored or Stained: Yes / No
              7. Clear Coat Failure / Color Coat Damage: Yes / No

Paint Condition Inspection
              1. Inspection With 30x Magnifier: Yes / No
              2. Customer Shown Defects and Conditions through Magnifier: Yes / No
              3. Paint Thickness Measured: Yes / No
              If Yes Record Readings:
              Hood 5 Readings: 1____ 2____ 3____ 4____ 5____
              Roof 5 Readings: 1____ 2____ 3____ 4____ 5____
              Trunk Lid 5 Readings: 1____ 2____ 3____ 4____ 5____
              4. Evidence of Previous Buffing / Polish Damage: Yes / No
              If Yes List Area and Description of Damage:¬¬_____________________________
              Acrylic Sealant Polymer Sealant Polymer Wax Carnauba Wax

General Vehicle Comments (Areas for Improvement):
              lines for writing would go here. I had like ten lines for writing. All this could fit on one page
              ...................................................................................................
              ..............................................................................................

Estimate to Perform Reconditioning: $________________

Estimator Signature: ___________________________ Date: ______________

Customer Signature of Acceptance: __________________________________

Date: ______________

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');