• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business card comments wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business card comments wanted

Here's my first attempt at designing a business card. What do you think? I'm pretty new at photoshop. (like most any other program I've been using lately)

I think there might be too much red.

I used different fonts to keep people's attention. Some of the text effects were just kind of mistakes that I think work well. Thinking of adding a lens flare to the hood/windshield area below the company name.

My inkjet print comes out ok. I'm still working on the company name effects to make it stand out more. Might need to change to a thicker font.

i like it, very classy, but is the black background going to cost more than just a plain white background?

Comment

I think its a great start.... Looks good the only thing that kind of sticks out a bit is the email and web area. To me it looks like it should be arranged a little different. Not sure why maybe its that the words "email" and "web" are on a different line as the actual email address and web address?!?! not really sure exactly heck maybe its just me.

I like red so to me that part looks good.... Like the car!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I would suggest removing the red from behind your slogan. Maybe a lens flare effect on or around the word shine? The red blur takes away from the rest of the card IMHO though.

I would also suggest moving the company name slightly fruther from the car, seems to be almost touching.

I would put you name, "Owner", and phone number down by your email and web address too but that's just me. If you do that you can move where your slogan is and maybe have it take up a little more verticle space.

Just throwing out some ideas, take them as you wish. I actually really like what you have so far, just being picky to try to help you!

Chris
        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I like your business card.

Your choice of colors compliment themselves. Classy.

The only suggestion I have is that I'm not keen on the text for the email and telephone. Too gothic script for such a modern lookin business card.

Comment

Sorry Scrub.

I should of said email and web text. I like the telephone # text.

Comment

If you have an e-mail account with your Internet hosting account, set your e-mail up there so your e-mail will be,

Rick@aikenautodetailing.com

Less is more, keep everyone focused on one website address. You should be able to use the mail forward option to forward any e-mail sent to Rich@aikenautodetailing to go to your gforcecable e-mail account.

Just a suggestion...

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Also, if your mobile, then state that, if you have a brick & mortar store, then state that, take all the work out if letting the customer know what you can do for them.

If you come to them, stating your mobile will tell them that.

If they have to come to you, listing your street address will tell them that they have to arrange to bring you their car.

Don't make them wonder or guess.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I suggest using fewer fonts.

Your business name and slogan can be a bit flashy, but the other information should be plain for easy reading.
                  Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Excellent choice of colours looks really good/classy.

My only comment would be (and i'm no expert) is that the Company name is a touch to close to the car windshield. And possibly stick to 2 fonts. I think the Font used for the 'Strap/Tag line looks really good.

IMO.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      If you have an e-mail account with your Internet hosting account, set your e-mail up there so your e-mail will be,

Rick@aikenautodetailing.com

Less is more, keep everyone focused on one website address. You should be able to use the mail forward option to forward any e-mail sent to Rich@aikenautodetailing to go to your gforcecable e-mail account.

Just a suggestion...

Mike

Along those same lines, if you want a gmail account, let me know. I agree with Mike, your email name should be your web address I think it is also a bit too long.

As for the cards, looks great, as someone else said, very classy look.
                      Last edited by ftboomer; Feb 17, 2005, 08:47 AM.
                      Give me a dirty martini and a great cigar, cause nothing beats a nice tight white ash!

Located on the West Coast of the East Coast of North America (Tampa, Florida)

Comment

I think it you should take out the "web" and "email" lines. People will know if that's a website vs. an e-mail. That will free up some space on your card to list whether you're mobile or in a building.

Remember to not make it too busy. I would change the effects around your motto a little, make them a little less obtrusive.

Otherwise, I love it! Great card!
                        "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
                        R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Thanks a ton folks. Seeing all the helpful replies just made my day... I will work through all the comments and post the next rev. Soon!

Also thank you for the direct and candid replies. Nobody just ripped the card and said "it's sorry". I got information about areas of improvment. Now I can use the comments and really improve my card.

Comment

Just a little thing...

Where you have "email" and "web" the font of those words is a little gothic. Maybe you could go with a more classy font...just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                              Just a little thing...

Where you have "email," the font of that word is a little "gothic." Maybe go with something a little less "choppers."
                              I didn't care for the font either! Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');