• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critique My Brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique My Brochure

Hey guys,

I am looking to start detailing cars for a little extra cash. Right now I am just focusing on getting my business up and running. I would like to be able to do 2 cars a week. If all goes well I would love to expand in the future. I know the best way to promote my business is through word of mouth. I need to grab a few clients first before that can happen.

I have created a brochure describing what services I will offer. I plan on setting up a webpage in the near future to describe the theory behind everything I offer. For example I plan to explain why claying is important, what paint correction is etc. I feel that most of my clients off the bat will not be very educated on auto detailing. I hope my website will persuade them to choose one specific service over another.

If you guys would could you critique my brochure I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for feedback on everything from the format to the services that I am planning on offering. Do you have a better way to advertise? Would a business card be better, maybe a one page ad without the 3 columns?

Again thanks guys and I am looking forward to your comments!

Re: Critique My Brochure

Prices sound a bit low, at least as far as polishing wheels.

I usually say to people that including interiors in a 'standard' package can be tough. It is up to you of course, but you may get more of a mess than you bargain for, where interior may be better as a seperate package/add-on. Or even people not wanting you in the car, so now you have a service you cant do.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Seems like your prices are a little low.
      Did you call around to other detailers in your area? I would. Get a ball park price, then aim for the middle.

Good luck to you.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Your prices do seem a little low, especially the 'Full Detail'.

For instance, I detailed a 2006 Mustang with similar services that your Full Detail has included except I didn't shampoo the carpet. He did have leather seats though, and I cleaned and dressed the seats. But, it took me 8-9 hours for that. $125 for 8/9 hours = $13-$15/hr for hard work, and that doesn't include replenishing your supplies and/or travel time.
        www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

Great tips above. I especially like Murr's point about not including the interior on a basic wash as some people may not want you in their vehicle. Also separating it may allow you the opportunity to offer a more affordable wash, thus gaining more clients.

It seems you're sort of in a catch 22 situation. It's tough to charge the going rate when you haven't started going. If you put your low prices in a brochure, your kind of committed to them. Perhaps a business card would be better to start off with. Network yourself. Get some experience, evaluate your time, then price accordingly.

Regarding the brochure as is, there is some obvious things missing, like your contact information, hours, area of service. The car on the front looks crunched.

Comment

What is apriciate ? Do you mean to say appreciate. If it's a spelling mistake,make sure it gets changed before you go to press.
            I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

I would definitely increase the prices (but realistically if you are happy with making $15 an hour and then leave the prices by all means, just make sure you factor ALL overhead costs in: products, travel, time. Also I did not see any contact info... I was never a fan of including pricing on brochures as it makes the customer contact you... however you do not have a website, so including prices will probably be the better way to go. If I were you, I would include 1 column with your info (like you have on the far right, adding a phone number, e-mail, etc.). On another column I would figure out a way to include all of your pricing, maybe just don't put a picture to gain more space. The the last column I would have for a little information about you! Picking up a brochure with simply pricing on it, is no better then picking up the yellow pages, closing your eyes, and pointing at a detailer... If you are new at this, google is your friend, search around online at detailing websites and click on the "About Us" and read what they put down. You can also google brochures and take a look at what have on them... just my 2 cents.

Comment

Here's an example of one of my brochures (it has changed since, as this was my rough draft).... if I am breaking any rules by posting this, then moderators, by all means please delete.

Comment

Technically, you guys are both using pamphlets not brochures, lol. But seriously, first I would take off the Integra and as with what everybody else said, the prices seem low. I would charge about $250 for your full detail.
                  2005 Lexus RX330 Smooth and Clean Daily Driver
                  2008 Subaru WRX Dirty Track Dog

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. After reading your feedback, I have decided to scrap the brochure and go with business cards and a website instead. I feel business cards will be a lot cheaper to produce than a brochure. Also an added benefit of a website besides it being free is it is easily accessible to a large amount of people. I will try to work on a rough draft of a business card this week and post it to see what you guys think. I already started creating a webpage using wix.com. I'll post a link once I am satisfied with it.

So I am thinking about reworking my packages. I was under the impression that the less packages you have the better off you are. That’s why I limited myself to three. If I were to separate the exterior wash and interior detail what would be a fair price to charge for just the interior? I am used to working on family cars so the interiors are in pretty decent shape. I am guessing I should expect the worst. Does $35 sound too low for a wipe down of the dash, door panels, center console etc. and vacuuming the carpet and seats? I was then thinking of adding an upgrade package to the interior basic that would include the dressing, cleaning the air vents and tiny crevices where dirt can hide. I think a fair price for this package would be $50 w/o a carpet shampoo and $90 with it.

Comment

Yeah apriciate is not supposed to be there. I used a pre-made template and must of missed deleting that word.

Actually Microsoft Word lists the template as a Capital Brochure. Guess were both wrong lol

Comment

Probably would want basic wipedowns, vacuuming, and dressing (low gloss) to just be the basic interior package.

Then shampooing/stain removal extra.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');