• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got an email from my local Mazda dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an email from my local Mazda dealer

Since we just purchased a Mazda, we got an email from Mazda for a Valentine's Day special on a detail.

For $100, normally $139, you can get:

- Exterior Wash
    - Clean Windows

- Clean/Vacuum Interior
    - Tire Dressing
    - Wax & Polish Exterior

Should I consider what they charge for this service when coming up with my own pricing??
    www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Re: Got an email from my local Mazda dealer

Does your service include using cheap supples, leaving streaks all over everything, getting tire dressing all over the wheels and inducing micro-maring and possibly scratches when "waxing"? If so, yes!

I'm not a professional detailer but I know one of the most important things detailer have to do is to explain why their service is far better and therefore more expensive. People don't understand that a simple "wash and wax" is not really what detailer do. They perform paint correction. This is not what your dealership is offering.

Comment

I've gotten an email just like that from a local dealership and it caused me some concern, but I didn't feel like I should adjust my prices based on their price.

Comment

my mazda dealership could offer me all that for 5 dollars and i still wouldnt take it..honestly, you can run to the to the auto parts store and spend 30 bucks for products and do a better job than they would. i know its a nice valentines offer, but do it yourself, the results will be much better
        Addicted

Comment

thats a cheap price for cheap labor.
          ive been working for a mercedes-benz dealer for 10 years. our detail shop
          charges 200+ and they use MOC products.
          they spray armor all over everything.
          i would never let them touch my commuter car or my other cars.
          do it your self.

Comment

Well I was just wondering if I should base my price off of their price for similar services.. but I see what you mean about them doing a crappy job.. you get what you pay for!
            www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

No, you need an hourly rate. If you price like them you will get a lot of nasty cars.

Comment

this is time of year when the guys be detailing their cars to look the best to go on date or whatever for valentines day.... actually I just did a full detail 2 days ago.... and then it rained....

actually that sounds like quite a bit of money for what they are gonna do to the car... i'd be quite happy to detail someone's car for that amount of money.... but im a poor college student and i can't do anything past what a G100 can do so whoever hires me gets what they pay for i guess haha....

Comment

It would help if you check in the internet for detailing services and compare prices to avail of the cheapest detailing offers. If you are having a hard time in the maintenance of your car, Try this site I came across. They give tips on car maintenance. They will assist you on finding the best car deals around your area.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');