• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meguiars detail shop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meguiars detail shop ?

hi all, i was just wondering what is required for a detail shop to be able to hang a sing outside their shop thats says "meguiars detailer" does this mean they are certified megs approved , or what ? just curious because i saw a shop today in my area that had the " meguiars detailer " banner inside the shop and out and what exactly it meant, tia
    Last edited by scottlee; Nov 17, 2004, 01:55 PM.
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

I'm sure that Meguiar's is VERY, VERY picky about who they give those signs too. I'm not sure that Meguiar's has a "certification" program, but I'm willing to bet that place uses Meguiar's products exclusively, and has been checked out to insure the "quality" of workmanship.
    Boss_429

Comment

Re: meguiars detail shop ?

Originally posted by scottlee
      hi all, i was just wondering what is required for a detail shop to be able to hang a sing outside their shop thats says "meguiars detailer" does this mean they are certified megs approved , or what ? just curious because i saw a shop today in my area that had the " meguiars detailer " banner inside the shop and out and what exactly it meant, tia
      I'm not exactly sure what Meguiar's policy on this is, but I will look into it for you and others with the same question.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

a bit OT but the shop I buy products also have the sign but when I wanted to buy the quick clay kit (the one with the clay and QD) they said that they don't carry it. They only sell the agressive clay which costs a lot. BTW, I'm from the Philippines, so not sure if the shop is "authorized" or something.

BTW, we also don't have the g-100. Hope they sell it here soon.

Comment

i was just wondering , because this doesnt look like a reputable shop, i am not saying it isnt, but its really just a dumpy converted gas station, i havent talked to them yet but i might, its just the black banner made me curious because they dont show up on the dealer locater and i wasnt sure what exactly the banner meant and if they really should have it in the first place hanging outside

Comment

IIt is up to the discretion of the distributor. Meguiars doesn’t "approve" or “certify� shops. If you buy allot from your distributor and ask for a banner (or any other Meguiars posters and such) you can get one if they have them.

So a Meguiars banner in front of a shop doesn’t mean they do good work or bad work, just that they buy enough Meguiars product to warrant, in the distributor’s eyes, a banner.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

thanks for the replys, i was just surpirsed to see the banner on "that" place

Comment

I think Joe summed up pretty well how a detailer can get a banner. Having a banner doesn't automatically mean the shop does quality work, and a dumpy shop doesn't automatically mean the quality of the work is low.

We would hope that anyone displaying any Meguiar's signage as a way of advertising, means two things,

1) They use Meguiar's products
                2) They provide quality work

I did some checking to see what kind of support Meguiar's offers the detailing industry and discovered a brand new catalog! I'll write an article for this and post it to the forum.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks Mike, it wasnt just the look of the place i sat in a parking lot and watched for a bit anxious for the news on your find

Comment

ohhhhhh, I want that catalog Mike

I think you can just buy the banners
                    Chopped 55 Suburban
                    99 3.0 CL
                    Family cars:
                    1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
                    48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
                    New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
                    Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Working...