• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much to charge PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to charge PLEASE HELP

Whats up guys,

I own a detailing company in new york and yesterday i did a kentworth tractor thats used to pull a lowboy ( construction machine hauler). it was a full detail, i degressed the entire chassis, diff box. basically the whole rear of the truck.

upfront it used 205, pb's white diamond and than wax on the paint.

i polished all the chrome...rear fenders, air cleaners, fuel tank, front grill.

Interior was all cleaned and dressed....

Exterior: was fully dressed, tires chassis everything that needed dressing got some.

Now what do i charge im thinking double my price for a trck which is $200.
    What do you guys think. i need an answer asap so i can pick up my money.
    http://www.bukkehave.com/images/Imag...actor-unit.jpg its this truck with fenders

THANKS ALOT
    -SAL

Re: How much to charge PLEASE HELP

I'd say double the price of what you charge for a pick-up sound fair. While there isn't as much paint, it is harder to work on because of its size.

I personally would around $300-$350 but it depends on where you live and what your market charges. You could try going at $50 an hour. How many hours did you work?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Yeah 300-350 sounds fair....

I worked from 8 till 330. so thats $365 which sounds ok to me I took a ten minute break but thats nothing

thanks for answering me so quickly and

Ive meaning to tell you i like your website...very organized

Comment

My dad is a truck driver and i Know he has paid over 600 bux to have his truck done before.
        Tracy
        765-413-7547
        Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Autobrite View Post
          My dad is a truck driver and i Know he has paid over 600 bux to have his truck done before.
          I went into the job with that in my head.....but i have to consider the anount of paint on the truck methods, and finally the final result...

i believe the job is worth between 300-350 the most four hundred

Comment

If I were paying to have that truck done then I think $350 would be fair.
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I do the same truck and charge $200. My price is discounted because of the volume of work they send me. I would say $300 would be about right for that work.

Comment

ok thanks alot guys, $350 it is....Thanks alot

-Sal

Comment

Sal

No one can really tell you what to charge because no one knows your costs of doing business.

Like any auto service business, collision repair; mechanic, etc you MUST have an hourly shop rate for your services that covers all your expenses; your salary and benefits package and includes a profit. If your business does not make a profit you simply have a job you do not run a business.

Get with your accountant and have them help you come up with an hourly rate to charge for your services and with this in hand you simply evaluate the car, boat, truck, RV, motorcycle, etc, estimate the time to do the work and multiply that by the hour rate and voila, you have a price.

That said, if the market will allow you to charge more, certainly charge more, but NEVER charge less than your hourly rate.

The is the only way to run a business. Guessitmates are just that, guesses and that is how you sell yourself in the bankruptcy or closure.

The great Bill Lear, inventor of the corporate jet, the Lear Jet had to sell his nearly bankrupt company because he did not know what it was costing him to built and market the plane and sold it too cheap, and when he finally figured it out he was in the hole and had to sell to keep from going bankrupt.

Regards
                  Bud Abraham

Comment

Heck, in my area, some detailers charge 250 for a CAR. I mean come on, a CAR.

350 is a very reasonable price.

Comment

James how can you say what is a reasonable price if you do not know your cost of doing business.

An hourly rate is the only fiscally responsible way to insure you are making money and the proper amount of money for your efforts.

Just some well intentioned thoughts.

Regards
                      Bud Abraham

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');