• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to buy water tanks & generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy water tanks & generator

to the mobile detailers, do any of you use the customers water supply at their house? if not, is there an "ADS" type store that sells the water tanks & generators? thanks in advance!

Re: where to buy water tanks & generator

I'm not a mobile or pro detailer but here's what I would consider. Water weighs about 9 lbs per gallon - you'll easily hit 1000 lbs at 100 gallons of water which isn't much so make sure your truck or van can handle the weight of the tank and water. It might make sense to mount the tank to a trailer so you aren't stuck hauling water when you don't need to. To get any type of pressure for a pre-rinse or to use a foam gun, you''ll need a 12 volt electric pump on tank outlet.

watertanks dot com is in Windsor, CA. They have all kinds of water tank shapes and sizes. NorthernTool dot com is another mail order source but shipping could be a deal killer.

For a generator, I'd be looking for a local power equipment dealer that sells and services Honda (or another brand of your choosing) generators. You'll want someone local to be able to service it in the future when it needs repairs. Get one a little larger than you need for your tools. You'll find other uses for it around the house once you have it.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');