• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 steps to budget Carpet cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 steps to budget Carpet cleaning

Heres how to clean carpets on a tight budget

1~vacume...takes anywhere from 30min-hour

2~spray carpet with all-purpose cleaner/degreaser

3~scrub carpet with brush bought @ dollar store !!!

4~mist with water from spray bottle

5~**** up with shop vac

This is a good way to clean carpets without spending lots of money or using other methods which damage carpet and create mold. Dilute cleaner/degreaser to manufactures sugested ratio. I always add more water than recomended when diluting so its not as strong and saves more money!

When my extractor ( mytee lite II ) get in this will be a thing of the past for me. Hop this help someone.
    Last edited by karma; Nov 9, 2004, 01:31 PM.
    Jason

so where are you getting your mytee lite 11 from ?
    I'm plan on getting a extractor soon
    Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Comment

That method works pretty decent, although blotting and scrubbing pulls up the stains better after vacuuming versus spraying and vaccuuming.

Comment

Im getting the mytee lite II from Detail King aka Detailking.com
        Theyre priced good and you can buy a crevice tool to. the machine is $600 and the crevice tool with hose is $150. I dont use their chemicals or polishes because I only trust Meguiars but will be buying lots of tools from the i.e brushes extractor stuff of that nature.
        Jason

Comment

those extractors are nice I did that seminar there Detail King, they do a great seminar I plan on getting a extrator in the near future, from them unless I find a better place by then from my looking I haven't found cheaper yet

Comment

What does it take to run an extractor like the one you are mentioning. Do you need special outlets to run it or does it plug into the regular 120v outlet?
            "Washing for the People"

Comment

Whut kinda dirt sucker are you using now? I have a small vacuum cleaner in the condo, not sure of the amperage, but it's pretty powerful. Think it would work?

That one your getting sounds trick but unfortunately it would

BLOW MY BUDGET

Comment

it takes regular amp just plug it in and go to work!!

Comment

I hear alot of people say that if you don't have wiring seperately for a carpet extractor that you will blow fuses?
                  "Washing for the People"

Comment

Originally posted by karma
                    Im getting the mytee lite II from Detail King aka Detailking.com
                    Theyre priced good and you can buy a crevice tool to. the machine is $600 and the crevice tool with hose is $150. I dont use their chemicals or polishes because I only trust Meguiars but will be buying lots of tools from the i.e brushes extractor stuff of that nature.
                    How much for shipping on that baby?
                    "Washing for the People"

Comment

Aztec Link

I bought my machine from Aztec. It's a heated spotter, the detailer version and it came with the 16ft hose and detailer tool, and a 50 ft cord. Paid $599.95 plus $16.95 shipping. I'm not sure what detail king is offering for $600 but I'm sure its a similar machine. The regular heated spotter has a different tool and shorter hose and cord is $600 from Aztec.

There are some quirks to the machine though. First the solution tank must be filled to the top to lift the float to actuate the switch for the heater. Second quirk is The machine has 3 switch positions: Heat, Vacuum, and Off. So while in vacuum mode the heater is off. I'm not sure if other machines have these same interlocks but its no big deal. The water stays plenty hot while in the vacuum mode so don't worry about that.

I can post pics on request.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');