• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a client's electricity. How much to offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using a client's electricity. How much to offset?

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
    Maybe companies like PC should invent a cordless DA. Proprietary batteries are expensive and cost very little to produce.
    Meguiars used to sell a cordless version not too long ago, but it wasn't too good for paint correction.
    r. b.

Comment

G110 specs say it needs 4,2A. That gives power 4,2A*110V = 460Watt. So, one hour of continous work of DA needs 460/1000 = 0,46kWh (kilowatt per hour).

Lets assume one kWh costs 20 cents. So, one dollar gives 5 kWh.
      Then one $ gives 5/0,46 = 10,9 hours of G220 continous work

It seems one dollar is really powerful

Comment

To add my two cents, whenever I go to the clients place of residence I typically will mention to them that I just need a place to plug my buffer in and that generally address the issue of using their electricity. I have yet to have anyone tell me to bring my own power supply. Of course as Shyneman said, make sure you over deliver.
        Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

you could always wire a power inverter into your car...you can buy a cheapo 200 watt one from radio shack for 40 bucks and plug it into your cigarette lighter..if you have an optima battery you could run your DA hours long with the car off and your car will start up right away..i;ve done it before.
          Addicted

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');