• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 vs SwirlX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M205 vs SwirlX?

Hey

I was asked by a member of another forum to detail his vehicle and I inspected the vehicle. In short, the condition of the paint will require the use of either M105 or Ultimate Compound. Since I only have a few hours to work on the car, I am going to stick with M105 for its fast cutting ability. M105 will be done with an orange pad.

I will need to clean up the marring or fine scratches that M105 is going to create. In my mind, there are two ideal choices: M205 and SwirlX. Which should be used? I know that M205 is a very fine polish that will give the paint a more refined finish, but I believe the more aggressive SwirlX would also work faster in removing marring and fine scratches previously created by M105. Finally, SwirlX is also easly attainable and cheaper than M205. Given that I am not offered a lot for this job, I want to cut a little cost by using SwirlX. SwirlX will be applied with a white pad.

LSP is going to be either Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax or some other brand of wax I have available.

Would this combo, M105 + Swirl X, work well?

Re: M205 vs SwirlX?

I'm using SwirlX on my car as the cutting compound, with several passes. My technique might be wrong because it's sort of "smearing" on the paint, even after I wipe.

So I'm following it with M205, which is spotless-shiney

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');