• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer 'Thank You' cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer 'Thank You' cards

Here is something that you can do as a professional detailing business owner that is really rather simple and at the same time, very cost effect.

Mail a "Thank You' card a day.

For every day that you work, mail out a 'Thank You' card to each customer, after they get their vehicle detailed. To many detailing business owners this may sound like too much work, but it is well worth the effort.
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Hey,

Great tip Frank!!!

Doing something as simple as sending a Thank-you card/letter may mean a lot to the person!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Good positive idea
      Jason

Comment

That's an excellent tip Frank! The majority of folks who have just spent good money to have their vehicle brought to tip-top shape will appreciate this gesture. Plus, the mere action of getting your name back in front of them will further remind them where to go when it comes time for maintenance on their vehicle or when someone asks "...who detailed it for you...?".

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I used to send out thank you cards, but I haven't been lately. I have had people call me and tell me the main reason ( aside from the quality work ) they called me again was the thank you card.

It is an excellent opportunity to keep your name in front of them and give them a sincere thank you for using your services.

Some people have even taken it one step further by taking a picture of the vehicle and printing it on the card, then using the same format in a few months as a reminder....with a picture of their car after it was freshly detailed last time to remind them how nice it looked.

Good tip Frank, thanks for posting it.
          If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

FYI guys Abbot Cards has an excellent selection of automotive based cards: www.abbottcards.com.

Comment

I always send a thank you card and I include custom printed cards with their vehicle on them.

It works out GREAT!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Don't forget to throw in your biz card as well as a coupon for money off next detail. Better yet maybe a free wash the following week. This not only puts you back in the same area for two weeks but plants the seed in your clients mind about the convenience of a maintenence plan.
                --ain't no fun waiting 'round to be a millionaire--

Comment

Don't forget to throw in your biz card as well as a coupon for money off next detail. Better yet maybe a free wash the following week.
                  A coupon or maybe a free wash!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thats going backwards! I do what I do to generate income to support my family. Clients return to me because they get what they want, how and when they want it.

Where is the value in your service if you can discount it or give it away for free?
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

That's a great idea; never thought of that.
                    FL

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine

Thats going backwards! I do what I do to generate income to support my family. Clients return to me because they get what they want, how and when they want it.

Where is the value in your service if you can discount it or give it away for free?
                      I'm with you on this 1 SS
                      The idea should be to add value not to discount. Discounting means having to produce more work to make the same amount of money. If you absolutely feel the need to you should give something away that has a minimal hard cost to you. For example derek37 mentioned giving away a free wash. The cost in terms of product is minimal but worth maybe $20 to the market. This all depends on how much you value your time of course.

I'm a big fan of the card idea .....
                      Out of curiousity does anyone happen to know who is the worlds greatest salesman? Its an excellent story....
                      All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Originally posted by SprintKing
                        I'm a big fan of the card idea .....

Out of curiousity does anyone happen to know who is the worlds greatest salesman? Its an excellent story....
                        Let's see...are you talking about Joe Girard?
                        FRANK CANNA
                        Mirror Finish Detailing
                        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

we have a winner
                          joe girard ... i believe when you bought a car from joe you got a card every month for the rest of your life .....

*edit* week to month
                          Last edited by SprintKing; Jan 8, 2005, 09:49 AM.
                          All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Anyone who knows the story of Joe Girard, will also know that he liked to stay in touch with his customers and potential clients. In order to do this, Joe would simply keep a record of every contact he ever made. He would then constantly follow-up by sending everybody a unique card or letter every single month! This was just his way of staying in touch and making sure that his name would be the first to come to mind when someone was ready to buy.

Joe knew that sending personalized mail was a good way to let people know that you are there and to remind them of what you do. And that by doing this you will continue to build your business. Here's a link to more about Joe's story. Enjoy...

Prosperity: The Choice is Yours -- October 15 ,2001, What You Need To Know About..... Girard's Law of 250
                            FRANK CANNA
                            Mirror Finish Detailing
                            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine

Yes, MAYBE a small step backwards but here in MI a mobile detailing service is a whole new idea. To get folks aware of your service at first it may take a freebie here or there to get your name as well as the service your providing out to the masses. If folks see you in the same parking lot for two weeks if gives them another chance to come up to speak to you about what your doing and possibly to set an appointment to get their vehicle done. And like I said it gives your present customer a taste of how a maintenence plan would benefit them. While you can promote alot of services AND while your customers may think "Wow, a maintenence plan would be a good idea" sometimes that's as far as it goes. Out of site out of mind type of thing.
                              It's not something I do often but if I'm in an office complex where i would like more business this puts me back there for two weeks in a row. And besides it's only a wash. S&W might be all that is needed.
                              I commend and envy you folks who have alot of business where you don't find it necessary to give away coupons or discounts but
                              as I'm just starting out giving away a free wash is not that big a problem for me. I don't think it devalues my service at all. I like to think it's just adding a personal touch to my services something that is somewhat lacking in the service industry these days.
                              Besides if I'm giving away a free wash following a detail, or maybe a free bottle of QD,that along with the top quality service that I'm providing will set me apart from everyone else.
                              It's just another way to gain more business.

Peace
                              --ain't no fun waiting 'round to be a millionaire--

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');