• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing and tinting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing and tinting?

Do you guys consider tinting part of detailing. I have a mobile detail business and am currently in the process of starting a mobile tint business. But Im trying to figure out if I should keep them seperate or combine the two.
    What advantages do you guys see of seperating the two?
    What advantages do you guys see combining the two?
    www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Re: detailing and tinting?

There is nothing wrong with doing what your customers ask for. As long as you, and any employees are good at it. Dont want to bring a business down.

Esp if you can tell them that you have the products to take care of the tint work.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

what else do you guys think?

Comment

Sure. If you're good at it then add it to your list of services. Just make sure you do a quality job as most tint guys have it down to a science.
        Alex C.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't consider window tinting part of a detailer's offering. To me, detailing is something that needs to be done on a regular basis to maintain a vehicle's condition, while window tinting is a one-time installation to improve a vehicles performance.

I think in the long run you would be better off concentrating on satisfying your customers in the detailing department and maybe find a really good local tinter whom you could refer clients to, possibly with a monetary credit for each referral.

Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to get a tint from my detailer - I'd look for a dedicated tint shop. Just like I wouldn't ask my local tint shop to detail my truck. Make sense?

Comment

Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Around here two of the window tint guys tried to detail. I don't think either of them still do. They seem to stay busy with tinting, both automotive and I think mostly commercial.
              Scott

Comment

I should have posted this initialy. Its not going to be me doing the tinting, its going to be a seperate van, and an employee of mine doing it. While I do the detailing. The question I was trying to ask was should I keep it under the same company name? Same phone number? Same liability policy? Just different van and different tech? or should I make a new phone number? And new name for the seperate service?
                Thanks for the input guys!!!

Comment

When I bought my detail shop there was a tinting business in the same building. He had a lot of customers but when the tinting place closed there was nobody in town to do it. I have thought about starting it but I don't know how to tint. I ran an ad in the paper looking for help but everyone that applied tinted in their garage. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself yet!

Comment

Just be careful about getting in to to many things that you loose focus of what you are really good at----(hopefully detailing) ---- to many people chase the dollar and end up being mediocre in everything. Been there done that!

Comment

If you can offer a one stop service i would say that it is not a bad thing.
                      I offer detailing, air con regas and tinting to a large client base. At least they know if they lift the phone to me the job will be done. Have even been known to supply batteries and tires to my customers if they are in a bind. Essentially once the work standard stays A1 there should not be an issue but what works for me may not work for everyone

Comment

There are a couple of guys around here that offer tinting and detailing. They seem to be staying busy.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');