• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education for detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Education for detailing

Are there any sort of certifications or degrees that can help one become a professional detailer?

I've a technical history with computers, and just get a job doing Technical Support for the University of Phoenix. I plan to stay here a long time, but I'd like to detail on the side. A benefit here is I get free courses, so I want to take advantage of that. Unfortunately they're mostly online so I doubt there may be much related.

But maybe there is: http://www.phoenix.edu/
    The University of Phoenix is an online college that is accredited, affordable, and has degrees that align to careers. Find your program!

Just wondering what path I should take, I've only a high school diploma and CompTIA A+ Certification.

Re: Education for detailing

There's not much available as far as a nationally or even world wide certification of ability for the detailing profession.

The problem is that so much of the quality of a person's work comes from them and not the products or training they receive.

There's a number of different options for training, after that the next best thing to do is to document your work on a forum like this to document you're professionalism.

All the certificates we use are Certificates of Participation, not Certificates of Accomplishment.

We can't control what products people use or what kind of quality work they turn out after they leave the class.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The quality you create are your business cards
      Word of mouth will get you more jobs than any cert.

Comment

Makes sense. It's an art really, the better your art is the more people will like it.

Comment

Cypress College In So. California Will Give You A Certificate Of Completion In Auto Detailing.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');