• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

website page - Opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website page - Opinion?

soon i will have my website done , until that i try to get the pages ready,one of them is "info" with some few details about paint correction. is not corrected of mistakes , but u got the idea , i need feedback .... i may miss something

PAINT CORRECTION

If your car care goal is to remove car finish imperfection / deeper defects you have to understand that after you do all this paint correction work on your car`s paint you'll have to take ownership of the car washing process or the scratches and swirlmarks will show up again. Let`s see more details about paint imperfections.
    Swirlmarks - usually are minor small scratches that are visible in direct sun light . Swirlmarks are scratches in the clear coat or the exposed paint layer if one stage paint. Swirlmarks apear easy if the car is not wash right and the paint is not well maintained. A visit to the dealer with free car wash or automatic car wash that use touch brushes to remove dirt from car are the first places where your car gets swirl , also if the car is wash with improper tools and technique may demage the paint finish.
    Holograms - appear when the car was attepted to be paint corrected and fail due the steps in brake down the compound stop , or on the paint surface wasn`t apply a finish compound . Usually when a part of the car was repainted and the finish didn`t fallow all the process to get the paint the last finish may end up with holograms. can be remove by using mid or finish compound
    Scratches - most of scratches can be remove with buff/polish method, if are in the clear coat layer and not too deep in the car paint. If the nail goes in the scratch that means is too deep and need touch up paint or repaint the panel to be fix.
    Oxidation – when the car is over exposed to weather conditions for a long period of time and doesn`t have any wax protection , the first paint layer start to change the color and loose the shine. the paint can be bring back to life by buff/polish tehniques.
    Over spray - is a result of poor paint/repaint techniques , the result is uneven surfaces with paint drips or saggy looking paint finish. by wetsand the area and buff/polish the over spray can be remove and left behind an even smooth finish.
    Orange peel - the finish clear coat is not even and looks like an orange peel , because of that the reflection in the paint finish is not clear. by using wetsand the orange peel can be remove and fallow with rotary buffing the paint can have a nice reflection.
    Key marks / Chips / Deep scratches - touch up paint is needed when the scratch/chip are deep all the way to the metal or pass a good distance in the paint surface. Is a process more complex because are use more steps but with good results. if the scratch is too wide a prep and respray the area is need it. for a good result with touch up the fill in paint must pass the paint layer and is good if the fill in paint is apply in multiple coats.
    Wetsand - is used to remove some imperfections like scratches, orange peel and leave after buff a clean mirror finish . wetsand cars are usually exotic /classic and show cars.

Most car owners don`t forget about their service due , like oil change but they forget about their paint maintenance , and end up with some of this imperfections...
    proreflection
    *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Re: website page - Opinion?

Definately needs proofread, cant advertise yourself with bad grammar.

Also, that can be a lot of text for an Average Joe to care about reading. Might need to think of highlighting some bullet points, or arranging in some way so that an Average Joe can see why your work is important.

The Scratch section is kind of shaky, and could be combined with the key mark section.

The Overspray section is not too accurate.

The WetSanding section should move to a different page, maybe with your techniques listed.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by axel_ny View Post

PAINT CORRECTION

If your car care goal is to remove imperfections and paint defects, without the proper knowledge of how to wash a car, your swirls and scratches will reapear.

Types of paint defects
      • Swirlmarks: usually are minor small scratches that are visible in direct sun light . Swirlmarks are scratches in the clear coat or the exposed paint layer if one stage paint. Swirlmarks apear easy if the car is not wash right and the paint is not well maintained. A visit to the dealer with free car wash or automatic car wash that use touch brushes to remove dirt from car are the first places where your car gets swirl , also if the car is wash with improper tools and technique may demage the paint finish.
      • Holograms: appear when the car was attepted to be paint corrected and fail due the steps in brake down the compound stop , or on the paint surface wasn`t apply a finish compound . Usually when a part of the car was repainted and the finish didn`t fallow all the process to get the paint the last finish may end up with holograms. can be remove by using mid or finish compound
      • Scratches: most of scratches can be remove with buff/polish method, if are in the clear coat layer and not too deep in the car paint. If the nail goes in the scratch that means is too deep and need touch up paint or repaint the panel to be fix.
      • Oxidation: when the car is over exposed to weather conditions for a long period of time and doesn`t have any wax protection , the first paint layer start to change the color and loose the shine. the paint can be bring back to life by buff/polish tehniques.
      • Over spray: is a result of poor paint/repaint techniques , the result is uneven surfaces with paint drips or saggy looking paint finish. by wetsand the area and buff/polish the over spray can be remove and left behind an even smooth finish.
      • Orange peel: the finish clear coat is not even and looks like an orange peel , because of that the reflection in the paint finish is not clear. by using wetsand the orange peel can be remove and fallow with rotary buffing the paint can have a nice reflection.
      • Key marks / Chips / Deep scratches: touch up paint is needed when the scratch/chip are deep all the way to the metal or pass a good distance in the paint surface. Is a process more complex because are use more steps but with good results. if the scratch is too wide a prep and respray the area is need it. for a good result with touch up the fill in paint must pass the paint layer and is good if the fill in paint is apply in multiple coats.
      • Wetsand: is used to remove some imperfections like scratches, orange peel and leave after buff a clean mirror finish . wetsand cars are usually exotic /classic and show cars.
      Paint maintenance is easily forgotten by most people and imperfections are shown. To keep your paint looking its best, try and keep it on a scheduled maintenance.

I think something like this would read a little bit easier. With some spacing between bullets but I couldnt get that to work, also on the bullets lining up the text so that the topic is actually left hanging.

Some things to think about is to not use any passive voice, and always write for who is reading this. Some people may know a lot and some may know little. So you want to be a clear as possible while also keeping it short and sweet.

Ninja Edit: most of what I said should actually help, I just finished up a 66 page manual over paint correction and had my teacher constantly telling me what to do so some of it is still fresh on the mind.

Comment

Oh I forgot to ask this and dont want to edit again.

What is your expection of readers after they read this? What do you want them to know or do? You have this titled Paint correction but you only talk about paint defects. Is this all you want them to know or did you want a basic understanding of what is involved in paint correction?

All this is basic questions to kind of get your mind thinking in a different way.

Comment

i try to have some information on website with defects that paint correction steps can fix. i put few things together and i came up with that page , but the title may need to be different.
          i have so far 5 main pages , one is main paige , second it will be something like this an "info" page , gallery page with pic before /after , and from where each project has a separate page , in the 5 main i have service, where i plan put some of the package detail prices, and contact.
          this is what i work on , to get this website done .
          i don`t want it too complicated , just simple , and relevant. when people see it they will know what i can do and what to expect.
          proreflection
          *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

Originally posted by axel_ny View Post
            i try to have some information on website with defects that paint correction steps can fix. i put few things together and i came up with that page , but the title may need to be different.
            i have so far 5 main pages , one is main paige , second it will be something like this an "info" page , gallery page with pic before /after , and from where each project has a separate page , in the 5 main i have service, where i plan put some of the package detail prices, and contact.
            this is what i work on , to get this website done .
            i don`t want it too complicated , just simple , and relevant. when people see it they will know what i can do and what to expect.

Yeah that sounds like a good plan of attack at it. Just make sure that on all of your pages everything is easy to see, like on the info page or initial main page, you do not want to jumble any information together. Also, if it is something you really want the reader to see and it isnt listed at the very top, then bold it and make it a heading or something. This way when you dont have people that want to read everything and just scan looking for what they need they can still get the same information as everyone else.

Keep us posted on how everything goes and post up a link of the site when you get it up and going.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');