• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's what I have so far on my new website, feel free to critique at will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's what I have so far on my new website, feel free to critique at will

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
    I agree with the logic and frugal-ness of what you're saying, but then again I don't want to change cards or logos or shirts later so I'm trying to get it all the way I want it and run with it once.

I don't expect anyone to be impressed with a logo if the quality is not there, but when it is they will remember and identify a unique logo with that quality, I think. I do. I've had work done on my house, a/c, etc. and I can remember those that did a good job and had something unique about them. I can't remember those that were generic even if thier work was good. Around here, everyone has a "so-and-so" named detailing services. Separating myself from that pack with work ethic, quality and a unique brand is what I'm after. A year from now I want to be proud of my work and my logo/brand, so I think spending the money up front will save in the long run. Perhaps I'm over-thinking it, but isn't that part of the fun?

Did you pay $25 each for your shirts? Just wondering. I haven't priced any yet. I did price truck decals and they are $75-$100 each. I need 3 as well as some small signs.

I'll look into it, Colin. Your logo looks great! I feel my business name lends itself to something more "casual" or less modern, though? I don't know. My head hurts from thinking about it.
    Absolutely. If you wanna run with it thats great! go for it. I'm just sayin for me personally I don't have the budget to throw that kind of money around on advertising.

And yes you should be able to look back and be proud of what you have established!!!

I think the KISS rule appplies though. Don't overthink it. (if your head hurts you're thinkin too much... have a cold brewskie and relax!)

Think of some of the biggest companies out there (despite the fact some have had some unfortunate problems with our economy) but take something like Ford or Chevrolet. A big blue oval or a gold bow-tie and everyone instantly knows what it is from 100 feet away. Or one of the biggest fast food joints... If you see a big yellow "M" half a mile down the road you know whats coming!

Thing is people remember simple, logical logos. But at the same time something unique to you. Does anyone question why a gold bow-tie means Chevy? No, but they know thats what it is and don't really care!

And +2 on colins suggestion! thanks! I too will be checkin them out!

I agree though. Very cool logo, but too flashy for me!

The long sleeve shirt was $35 ($15 for the shirt just under $20 for the big lettering on the back, and a smaller logo on the left chest, plus the governments cut)

A T shirt is a bit cheaper. (I didn't buy any yet. I'll keep using the long sleeves till the summer heat kicks in) Maybe closer to $30

The more complex your design is the higher the price. Mine is simple and to the point. People can see who and what I am from 50 feet away. I'll try and post some pics of them for ya.

Ya I havn't gone too in depth on the truck decals. But my father runs a painting company and has decals for his truck He paid $50 for a pair of 10"x24"'s.

What kind are you getting? Vinyl? on the glass or body? I'm thinkin of going the glass route for now.

Comment

Re: Here's what I have so far on my new website, feel free to critique at will

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
      If I understand you correctly, you mean have all services for a package listed with that package? I had it that way and suggestions were to do it as it is now because it was too wordy and repetitive. Is that what you mean? Or lay out the chart differently?

Sorry for the delay in my response...From what I remember of the page, its "under construction" now, that it just seemed unorganized. I guess try to group the information in a very clean and organized way. It originally seemed hard to follow.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');