• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

last step product w/ mothers powerball 4paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last step product w/ mothers powerball 4paint

so i wanted my LSP to be applicable by hand quickly sprayed on and wiped off...

but it seems that is not the best way to go since the selection of these type of products is minimal. i also get the feeling they offer a sub-par end product. so instead of doing a spray on/wipe off product until i get my DA, i thought the mothers powerball 4paint could work for 1-2 cars a week until i can afford a DA polisher.

first off, does this sound like a plausible idea? i ask this because it is my belief (i havent actually used one yet) that the ball does not rest on the car like a DA polisher or orbital polisher. so if you accidentally let the rod the the ball is attached to touch the paint is it gonna cause serious damage? i have a good drill that has a rear and upper handle which would make it ideal. IF ANYONE HAS ACTUAL EXPERIENCE USING THE POWERBALL 4PAINT, PLEASE CHIME IN! THANKS!

second: what would be the best all around product to use with the PowerBall 4Paint? D151? something with diminishing abrasives im assuming. anyway, suggestions and help is appreciated. thanks!

Re: last step product w/ mothers powerball 4paint

There are other forums that discuss using the Powerball4paint system. The goal is to apply a small amount of product on the ball, then apply the ball directly to the paint and start. The risk of damage in minute. This product is only for LSP, wax, glaze applications because it has no "bite". It should be a perfectly acceptable alternative to applying LSP until you buy a DA. Any LSP product/glaze should work with this system.

Comment

Re: last step product w/ mothers powerball 4paint

Just a note, we found a duplicate post of this thread with no replies so we deleted it. (Probably an accident?) There's no need to post a subject twice, once is enough.

As for your questions... I posted a reply to this idea of using a drill to buff out a car. You can find my post by doing a search using the keyword

Drill

Or clicking this link...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');