• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first detail

well over the past weekend i had my first 2 detail jobs. i am sorry i have no pics, the lens on the digital camera wasnt operating properly which was a bad start to my day. so i arrive at my first customers house, go ahead and introduce myself and proceed to the car. the first thing the guy says to me is "you use all turtle wax products right?" well i proceed to the trunk and i pull out a lot of meguiars products. after seeing i used meguiars products the guy didnt want me to detail his car. so i explained to him why i use meguiars and then proceed to do a test spot on his acura. this car was supposely white, but it looked grey when i starts. so after spraying a section off and wiping it dow, i used a paint cleaner, then clay then used 2 passes of 80. the test spot was actually white again. this guy was amazed and needless to say he asked me to finish his car. so after about 6 hours i was all finished and he comes home from work. he was amazed. the paint wasnt perfect as there were some deeper scratches and swirls but i got about 90% of them out. not only did i make his car look good he invited me back to do his 2 other cars. (plus he tipped me 50% of my asking price on top) hopefully by then i will have my digital camera fixed so i can snap some pictures. oh and he is a meguiars product user now. his words exactly "would you like my turtle junk."

the second detail was a simple wash clay and cleaner/wax. it was a silver dodge ram. took about 4 hours to do the whole truck. the owner evidently used a sos pad to wash thie truck as there where deep scratches every where. there isnt much you could do with those scratches unless he wanted 0 clear left. so i go some of the lighter scratches and swirls out and left some protection behind. he was impressed with how smooth the finish was and the reduced amount of swirls. so once i finished i gave him a small education on what products to use when washing his truck as well as a good technique. he was impressed and he will be back next month.

well thanks to meguiars my first 2 customers are beyond satisfied. detailing is just a weekend ordeal for me. but this weekend ordeal turned into about $1000 in cash including tips. if alll customers are this easy to satisfy why didnt i get into this business earlier. i have a couple more lined up for next weekend and i am hoping to have the digi cam fixed and back.

Re: firdt detail

Congrats on your great first weekend. Glad to hear everything went so well for you. Good luck and continued success in the future.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Re: first detail

congrats
      "you use all turtle wax products right?" - that's quite a laugh
      2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');