• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some help with Detailer Line dressings please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help with Detailer Line dressings please...

There are 4 Detailer Line dressings...

1. All Season Dressing
    2. Silicone-Free Dressing
    3. Hyper-Dressing
    4. Accent Dressing

Can someone tell me what dressing I might want for say the engine bay and wheel wells? Someone said I might want Hyper-Dressing for the engine... I don't want the dirt to stick to it, I have problems with dirt and other thing sticking to the engine bay when I use NXT protectant or something along that line.

What is the differece in a water based dressing vs. a solvent based?

Any help would be great!

Thanks
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Here is a link to a thread with brief descriptions of each product in the NEW
    Detailer Line. It also lists what they are replacing in the OLD Detailer Line.

I am still using a gallon of Engine Kote my engine but, when it runs out I will be switching to Hyper-Dressing. Haven't tried it yet but, it is the suggested replacement for Engine Kote.
    Bob
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
    Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Hey,

Here is another link to reviews:

Next week, I will be testing the New Hyper Dressing and will post a follow up to the review above.

But for now, it seems that the Hyper Dressing is doing very well for dressing engines. For wheel wells, I tend to like the Silicone Free Dressing since it leaves a clean, satin finish.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford

Next week, I will be testing the New Hyper Dressing and will post a follow up to the review above.

Tim
        in the engine bay I hope?.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
          in the engine bay I hope?.
          Hey 2000,

Well...anything is possible! Seriously, if time permits, I will see what I can do!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

thank you! I'll try to look at the pics before the hackers get to them.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Water Based Dressings are used for the interior, engine, wheel wells, tire and anywhere on a car.

Solvent based dressing are for tires and body moldings. Tests have shown that solvent tried dressing degrade rubber and harm side walls but over the years I've been using solvent dressings on tires, I have never had a customer's car show any damage whatsoever. The solvents last much longer and just look better on tires.

One thing about engine dressings (WB) and tire dressings (SB), spray when the engine is shut off. The silicone in both dressings can damage the O2 sensors -- even in water based. If the engine is running while spraying the solvent dressing on the tires, the vacuum from the intake can draw in the silicone and stick to the sensors. Just a heads up!
              Take care,

Brian Angelucci
              Precision Auto & Marine
              Hamilton, New Jersey
              Visit us online: www.precision-online.com

"Detailing isn't just a luxury, it's a necessity"

Comment

Re: Some help with Detailer Line dressings please...

Originally posted by gb387
                I have problems with dirt and other thing sticking to the engine bay when I use NXT protectant
                I could be mistaken; but isn't NXT Protectant designed to be used for interiors? If that's the case, do you really think you should be using it in the engine bay?
                FRANK CANNA
                Mirror Finish Detailing
                23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Re: Re: Some help with Detailer Line dressings please...

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
                  I could be mistaken; but isn't NXT Protectant designed to be used for interiors? If that's the case, do you really think you should be using it in the engine bay?
                  It does say all plastic and vinyle and rubbe.?. on a side note even if it's not the best to use I'm amazed at all the people starting to use mop and glow in place of engine kote. I would think nxt is still a better choice than that.
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

Re: Re: Some help with Detailer Line dressings please...

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
                    I have always wiped some kind of protectant on my engine bay with no problem. I am just looking for a better option.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Try this. Use #38 on the trim and covers you can easily get to, and on the wheel wells also. Then for hoses and stuff you can't really reach I use some W-Dressing (so hyper dressing now) dilluted a decent amount and spray it on the remaining surfaces that I can't get my hands in to.

This is what I do anyways and it works pretty well.
                      Later,
                      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Some help with Detailer Line dressings please...

Originally posted by 2000
                        I'm amazed at all the people starting to use mop and glow in place of engine kote. I would think nxt is still a better choice than that.
                        I would use an acrylic floor shine like Mop & Glo ONLY on wheel wells or plastic paneling on the undercarriage. I see the primary benefit of doing so being a decent shine and *durability*, seems to last longer than typical dressings in everyday driving conditions.

The engine compartment can be a very sensitive place and even when EK itself was in production I refrained from using it there. Only 303 ( water based dressing) for me on those surfaces.
                        my product collection-- New !
                        My Detailing Credo
                        Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');