• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price for pet hair removal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for pet hair removal??

Got a question for you pro's out there.

I was wondering what type of extra's you charge, if any for pet hair removal. I know sometimes it's not that bad and can get vacuumed up, but sometimes it's a real pain, and can take a fair amount of time and effort to get rid of it all.

Is this something that you include in your detail packages, or something that you would want to add on and mention as your doing a walk through of the car with the customer? If the ladder what type of prices would you charge?

thanks
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: Price for pet hair removal??

I got the new Extractor to try for my personal vehicle, black interior and a white husky are a bad mix, and that thing is amazing. I started using it on my customer's cars, it takes very little time. I just vacuum as I brush it up. Now I can relax the dogs ban on riding in my car. I don't charge anything extra now because its alot easier.

"I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

this thing is amazing.

I LOVE IT. i carry it in my toolbox in my trunk with a QD and MF.

Comment

I don't have detailing packages. I just for the work needed.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I just worked on my sister-in-law's interior. She has a longer haired dog in the car with her all the time and the car hasn't been cleaned in over a year. This was the most disgusting thing you've ever seen. There were handfulls of hair coming out. Too bad I didn't bother with pics this time around.

I used the Megs brush one of the other's pictured, and yes it makes the job a whole lot easier. However, with that much hair I had to literally brush every part of the interior - back dash, seats, carpets, mats and all. It took me about an hour just to brush and vacuum the car.

The only downside to the brush is that the rubber bristles wear and begin coming off after a lot of use. Guess I need to buy a few more.

For something like that I would charge for an extra hour of labor - whatever you've established that to be. For the average person the hair is not that bad so I haven't charged extra in the past. I have to brush floor mats quite often.

Pet hair removal is definitely one of my advertised services/selling points in my brochures.

Jonathan

Comment

I have this tool and charge$25-$100 depending on the amount of hair.I had a Caravan one time.The floor and headliner were so bad that I clogged the Filter on my 6.5HP Shop Vac.The customer paid and was happy to do so.But i saw the van a month later and it was back to being full of hair.
            2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
            Show Car Detail

Comment

That's what can be really frustrating some times. You spend all this time making the car look great and get all this pet hair out and sometimes the owner has the dog back in the car before I even leave. I know it just means they're gonna need me back sooner than later, but you'd think they could at least have the decency to wait until I leave, I mean it's almost like a slap in the face sometimes.

BTW I love dogs, but there's no way one's stepping foot in my car
              Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Another good tip, especially for stubborn hair. After getting the majority with a brush and vaccume, take some duct tape and start pulling. Works wonders and cost is minor considering the alternative.

Comment

I recall a guy using a pumice stone to rake out hair, anyone know about this idea?

Cheers,
                  GREG
                  Detailing for the Discerning Owner
                  Reflections Detailing of Utah
                  Http://www.reflections-detailing.com
                  Meguiars/Ford Detailing Team SEMA 2010 and 2011

Comment

Re pumice stone

Yeah I use a grill brick basically the same thing and is used to clean bbqs. Works awesome! My customers always wonder what I use. It works especially well on longer hair.
                    Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

If the work takes longer than our normal service time we charge $65 per hour.
                      San Diego Car Detailing
                      http://thesocalway.com/

Comment

I usualy ad and hour to the job so around $50 bucks. Some are harder and some are easy. Just tell your customer their a pig and you'll have to work harder to clean up there pigsty!!! JK, just had to vent a little.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');