• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#16 (again )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #16 (again )

Today i got out and tryed my #16 on back of my trunk.
    I had no probloms getting a thin layer and there was no probloms getting my #16 off,but will it be easyer to use my G-100 when i apply #16?
    Some people say that its much harder to do that!

Any suggestions...
    Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Re: #16 (again )

The problem is how to get the wax out of the tin and on to the pad. That's it.
    Paste waxes are meant to be applied by hand, and that's the way they should be used IMO.

Comment

Supposedly, you can apply #16 using the PC. You just use the supplied wrench that comes with the PC to scoop out a chunk and smear that on the pad.

Although you can do it by machine, I prefer to do it by hand. I do everything else with a machine and I take my time applying the wax by hand.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I find 16 WAY easier to remove if I apply with a PC. I just cannot get it thin enough when I apply by hand. To get the wax on the pad I sort of smoosh the pad section by section into the can and this gives me plenty of wax to proceed.

Comment

You can always tip the edge of your foam pad, (the one attached to the PC), so that the edge gets into the inside of your can of M16 wax and the either move it around or blip the on/off button for a second or two.

Most people use a spatula or the handle of their PC wrench to scoop out some wax and spread it onto the face of the foam pad.

Machine application tends to offer the ability to apply a thin, uniform layer of wax as compared to the human hand, it's just the hassle of getting a paste onto the face of the pad that is the problem.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use a plastic knife,the kind you get with take-aways etc(do you have them in the US?) Just scrape the wax out of the tin with the knife and straight onto the pad

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');