• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billing Question ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing Question ??

How do you bill for product used ? Is this cost factored into the hourly / package rate ?

Just trying to figure out how to re-coup the cost of product when at times a
    relatively small amount is used.

Thanks in Advance
    --Dan--

Re: Billing Question ??

Dan,
    you need to find out what your costs are, and charge accordingly. Start by collecting information. What do you buy? How much does it cost? When do you use it? How much do you use for each job? You could put the chemical in a container with which you can measure your usage, or you could see how long a bottle lasts, and divide by the number of jobs you use.
    Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

Re: Billing Question ??

I wondered the same thing about 6 months ago. Then, I decided to use Excel to help figure most of it out. In a spreadsheet, I have a column for product cost, shipping cost (if applicable), tax, and total cost. I then have a column that takes the total amount and breaks it down by cost per ounce. This way, if I know if I'm going to use 4 oz. of NXT wash, it'll cost me about $.46 cents per car. Once you have your product costs figured, that to complete this formula: your hourly rate X hrs. for job + your product costs = What you should charge for the job.

And like Detaillab suggested, small bottles make it easier to figure out how much product you're using for each job. Hope this helps!
      Last edited by mshu7; Feb 19, 2007, 12:55 PM.
      -Mike

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');