• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any detailers in Northeast PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any detailers in Northeast PA

HOw do you guys keep busy in the winter. Aside from dealerwork which is tough to get customers want to wait until the spring. I would love to do this as a full time gig but I just cant seem to get a large enough customer base. My job now pays well with great benefits too and doesent leave much time to detail. 1- 2 a week if I am lucky.

Re: Any detailers in Northeast PA

1-2 a week is a good start. its feast or famine in seasonal climates.you just got to get your name OUT there. word of mouth is very important.its what seperates the detailers from the pros. repeat customers is what makes a business succesful. above all do the best possible job each and every time. im still learning about marketing i have a commercial due out in april to kick strart my spring and summer schedule. as well as some demograghically specific direct mailings.
    custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Yeah I would love nothing more than to go at it full time. I envisioned it all in my mind. I have been trying to generate business but unfortunately I get only a few new customers a year. I get the occasional "Oh I cant believe how nice it is I will definetely be back". Yeah right. And I have people that do return. There is not a whole lot of shops in my area and I see them hurting in the winter.

Plus I have a great paying job with full benefits and pension but it *****.

Comment

I am for NEPA and can feel your pain. I have a nice stream of clients but winter is a tough time of the year for us. like you a have a full time job and can not see myself going full time detailing in this area. I also do not have a garage so that really kills any idea of working in the winter here for me. what area are you in ? I am in the Scranton area.

Comment

I'm from the NE. But now I'm in the SW. My job is mostly dayshift so usually after work I can detail some car's. It just depend's on the customers wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt2006 View Post
            I'm from the NE. But now I'm in the SW. My job is mostly dayshift so usually after work I can detail some car's. It just depend's on the customers wallet.

Nothing wrong with doing it the way you are. I will do my details on my days off or after work. suppose we need to figure out how much time we can dedicate to the profession and take it from there.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');