• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would one obtain licensing or permission to use Meguiar's Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would one obtain licensing or permission to use Meguiar's Name

Just out of curiousity since I do detailing on the side for people. Occasionally I throw flyers in mailboxes and what not. I do tell them when I meet with them for estimates that I use 100% Meguiar's products. But what would one have to do to actually have that written or stamped on their flyer or advertisement. What is needed for permission of the Meguiar's logo.

Re: How would one obtain licensing or permission to use Meguiar's Name

Just a note:

In 1934, Congress enacted a law known as the "mailbox restriction" that
    prohibits anyone from placing mailable matter without postage into any mailbox. This law, 18 U.S.C. 1725, gives the Postal Service a virtual monopoly over mailboxes and currently reads as follows:

"Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits any mailable matter such as statements of
    accounts, circulars, sale bills, or other like matter, on which no postage has been paid, in
    any letter box established, approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the receipt or
    delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to avoid payment of lawful postage
    thereon, shall for each such offense be fined under this title."

Under current law, a violation of the mailbox restriction law is an infraction that can be punished by a fine but not by imprisonment. The maximum fine for each offense is $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations.

Comment

Edit Note:

I do recall that notice, therefore popping it in a door handle or posting them at work and other such places (service centers where I know people) helps a lot.

I am actually going to be doing my friends 1967 Camaro SS for the spring summer show season and he is offering me a sponsor tag on his name board he brings to the shows, that and a few BC's should get my name out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelan View Post
        What is needed for permission of the Meguiar's logo.
        The answer to your question is to simply contact Meguiar's and ask them for permission to use the Meguiar's logo.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Contact Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Like Mike said. Give us a call. Customer Care does not directly deal with this kind of issue, but we can pass your information on to our Pro Sales Department who normally handles this type of request. They may have a more official approach, but they are basically looking for a statement from you stating the exact intended purpose for using the Meguiar's logo. Essentially they just want to know that you are not confusing customers by giving the impression you are a Meguiar's employee or are officially affiliated with Meguiar's. Telling customers you use Meguiar's products is not a problem and of course is a good thing for both parties!
              Brian Hann
              Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
              Meguiar's Inc.
              Irvine, California
              bhann@meguiars.com
              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                Telling customers you use Meguiar's products is not a problem and of course is a good thing for both parties!
                Thanks for the post Brian.

Just wanted to say that I have been using Meguiar's products exclusively since I started my own detailing business way back in 1986. And that is always one of the first things I tell my customers. My customers know Meguiar's is a name brand they can trust and they certainly appreciate the reputation that Meguiar's has in the car care industry.

Regards,
                FRANK CANNA
                Mirror Finish Detailing
                23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');