• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best look for your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best look for your car

So what is the best method or best way to get the best look and mostly protection with what products ?

Re: Best look for your car

Originally posted by kadidle77 View Post
    So what is the best method or best way to get the best look and mostly protection with what products ?
    That is very hard to answer, it just depends. Everyone likes a different combination of products for the color of vehicle they are working on.

You can't go wrong with any of Meguiars products, but we might have to narrow it down a little....

What are you working on? What is the condition of the paint? Are you doing it by hand, PC or Rotary?

Are you looking for a all in one type wax? - or - Do you want to spend a little more time and use multiple steps (cleaner/polish/wax)?

Here is some good reading:
    Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    What are the differences between Meguiar's waxes?
    Why Meguiar's recommends polishing paint
    Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

I know you were asking about the Deep Crystal Line in this post: What about the 1 2 3 step products
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

As gb says, tell us a little about your goals, and how you plan to work. If there was one best product, Meguiars wouldnt have a hundred different products.

Working by hand or machine is really the biggest thing, and if you liek carnuba or synthetic waxes, how much time you have, etc.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What "method" or "system" due you use yourself ?

Comment

Well, just focusin on paint, cause obviously I do trim, glass, interior, etc..

I do this system most often, as my car is a daily driver, and I work by hand for now:

1. Wash - Gold class, Nxt wash, or Shampoo Plus with Foam gun, 2 bucket system, Water Magent Drying towels.

2. Clay - as needed

3. ColorX, ScratchX on spots if needed

4. Wax - #21

THen once or twice a year,

1. Wash - as above

2. Clay

3. Clean - DC#1 and ScratchX on spots if needed.

4. Polish - Deep Crystal #2

5. Wax - 2 coats of #21.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Well, just focusin on paint, cause obviously I do trim, glass, interior, etc..

I do this system most often, as my car is a daily driver, and I work by hand for now:
            Hey Murr,

Do you not use the G100/PC for polishing?

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Not yet... Hopefully by spring my car will be at a whole new level. THough I am still not sure if #80+21+21 is going to be faster than ColorX + #21 by hand.

Comment

how long do you take? and is your method well or you dont have the time to do a full out job ?

Comment

by the way why do people like the tech wax is it better on endurance or protection ?

Comment

Well, I dont even know how long it takes me to be honest.. Certainly an evening in the summer, when the light is good, before it gets dark. Bit harder this time of year since things start to get damp. But doing a full time job, that would take even longer, and I dont need to spend a full weekend if I dont have to.

And yes, the synthetic waxes like Nxt and #21 do tend to have a bit better durability. Nxt is the official longest lasting wax, but #21 is my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by kadidle77 View Post
                      First of all, please accept my apologies for highjacking your thread. Like to share my finding, with Megs product. My main aim is protection and shine, of course. Best combination so far for me is #80 hand polish and #20 polymer sealant. Did both with hand for the past 6mths or so fortnightly.

Any recommendation from expert here?

Further information:
                      Open air parking lot.
                      Singapore - humid average 27C - 30C with lots of rain.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');