• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wish me luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wish me luck

I'm jumping into the fire with my mobile detailing...my first official detail is scheduled for sunday. ill be doing a black lincoln navigator. its fairly new so the swirls shoud be no match for my PC + #80 combo. then on monday i have another navigator, though this one should be easier since it is like a desert grey-beige golor. If all goes as plan, then I will move onto a guy i have met that has a collection of about 20 cars from a 67 red caddy eldo convertable to a hummer H1. this guy is putting me to the test though; he is making me do his girlfriends 91 190 mercedes before the classics. im confident hell be happy but im just kinda excited so i had to tell everyone lol so like i said wish me luck i couldn't have done it without this forum thanks alot

Best of luck!

With the right tools and products black is no problem. I was very concerned with my truck when I bought it but found it to be easier than I thought. You will find the results can be very impressive.

I would guess its the same black orange peel paint as on my Ford Lighting.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

a 67 red caddy eldo convertable
      We need pics of that as it isn't factory.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Re: wish me luck

results: ok so i didnt have my camera so no pics this time but there will be pelnty to come in future details. the guy originally wanting me to do his black navigator couldnt get it back from lincoln in time because they had his whole dash apart fixing his navigation. so instead he had asked me to do his white 03 acura TL. I think i did a phenomenal job. I showed him the test spot on his hood and he couldnt believe his eyes and when i told him that his whole car would look like that he got pretty excited. he was so impressed that after i was finished he invited me in for dinner with his family lol. including some fantastic meatballs, total time spent was approx 7 1/2 hours including interior detail as well. a quick question to those detailers who have been doing this longer than me. I know that it shouldnt have taken that long but how much would one of you guys get for a job like that assuming it took you a normal amount of time?? just curious.

the next day i did the earth colored navigator that belonged to my boss at my real job. this guy was more focused on the interior and with good reason he had three kids who all play soccer and he is the coach so between all the mud and grass inside his car there was also alot of lollipop sticks, spilled drinks and hard candy in every crevice of this vehicle. i found it funny that the passenger seat where his wife always sat was spotless lol. but anyway i did a complete interior detail as well as a exterior wash with some spray wax and it took like 4 1/2 hours. some of my co workers drive in with my boos since they all live in jersey and they complimented me on how well a job i did. the owner was also impressed and told me he wanted me to come back and do the paint sometime this week.

so my detailing is really starting to pick up because these two guys spread the word around and now i have a dodge ram, a black navigator and a white s- class i have to do. so i figure that once i start working a little faster then maybe ill be able to do 2 cars a day and start making decent money.... any advice from veteran pro detailers is welcome as well as constructive criticism. thanks guys at Megs for making good stuff and thanks Mike Phillips for making an awesome DVD

Comment

Re: wish me luck

GOODLUCK MATE!!!

2 cars a day is a lot of work. I remember reading how some people only get to do one car a day...i think Richard told me that once and he's working on MINI's. but i guess sometimes some cars will take 10-12 hours and others won't.

either way. GOODLUCK AND THAT'S AWESOME THAT ITS PICKING UP FOR YOU!!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');