• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOBILE DETAILERS - Check out my new canopy !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey SS,

Did you open and close that canopy by your self? Or you have someone help you out? I have mini one, I always need an extra hand to help me close and open.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
      You need to detail a black car here in July on a 110 degree day and then you will think there arn't wide enough!!!
      lol not a problem for my lol warmest Calgary has ever been is like 35c or 95 and thats only happened once
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

The nice thing about having a lot of canopy space is this: Regardless the time of day, direct sunlight won't hit the car.

As the sun angle changes through the day, the larger canopies still provide enough shade (even if the sun is impeding from a side-angle... Even three or four feet).

Although the car may only be six feet wide, a canopy only a little wider would be, at most, frustrating!

To help in stability, I zip-tie my EZUps legs together (top and bottom). Vecro wrap-straps would also do a nice job... Strapping them together really minimizes the chance of the canopies skidding or tipping. The water buckets filled with water are tough to beat - Filled to the top, a pail-o-water weighs around 41 pounds!
        Kevin Brown
        NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Those are very nice Joe. Do you have a contraption for attaching to the canopy to hold it down in case of high wind? I've used my EZ-Up canopy for shade when detailing cars and sometimes the wind is an issue. In the past I've used 5-gallon buckets filled with water and attached to the aluminum cross-members to hold the canopy down. Then when I'm finished I can simply dump the water out and stack the buckets inside one another.

I have canvas bags that come with the canopies. They are empty now but they can be filled with sand or ???.

They fasten to the legs with a velcro strap.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by KLnyc
            Hey SS,

Did you open and close that canopy by your self? Or you have someone help you out? I have mini one, I always need an extra hand to help me close and open.

I do it by myself.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I've got 2 from EZup. Exact same size. The sandbags they provide don't help when it's a bit too gusty. The water bucket method sounds like a winner. I'll have to try that next time. I place mine in the same manner as you have in the pics but early morning or later in the afternoon you still get some sun.

Joe, I had purchased both mine for about $1150 at the outlet store in Colton. You didn't find any deals there?

Comment

Joe, I had purchased both mine for about $1150 at the outlet store in Colton. You didn't find any deals there?

My understanding is those are steel and I wanted aluminum. The price for Aluminum EZ-ups were a little more than the KD.

From EZ UPS site -

"EZ UP® Eclipse II Aluminum Instant Portable Shelter
                Commercial duty and light weight, top-of-the-line EZ UP® Instant Shelter ideal for business and industry. Lighter--yet very durable--this clear anodized aluminum frame will make hauling your E-Z UP® Instant Shelter a breeze! - Standard Color - $885.00
                10'x15' "

Mine were $795 each.

Comment

Those are the size of a circus tent!

Looks like high quality product, I didn't realize canopies could get that expensive.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Very nice setup.By looking at the boxes UPS was the shipper.Those Tents are nice.I bought 10X15 EZUp canopy.
                    2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                    Show Car Detail

Comment

Those look pretty sweet Joe...
                      I am lucky enough that when I detail from my home, I have a very large tree right next to the driveway that provides great shade for most of the afternoon. But I could see these would be very nice to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                        The only thing I REALLY don't like are the holes in the leg.

They are there to adjust the hight of the canopy but I will always use it at its highest setting. So in order to get to the bottom hole you have to pass the pin through the first four holes. It is a pain to have to push the pin back in and move it to the next hole.

The pin is kind of hard to push in and by the time you get both canopies up you fingers are going to be hurting.

I plan on ordering two more canopies later this year and I plan on special ordering legs with one setting (only one hole).

Have you considered rotating the bottom legs 90deg and drilling just one hole in the unholy () side where you want it? Not sure if that will impact the strength negatively, but you can probably stagger the new hole.

Comment

People like you make me feel really stupid- YOUR A GENIUS !!!

I am so mad that I didn't think of that first.

That is exactly what I am going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe you can rotate the legs 180 degrees, so the holes would
                            be at the top and you will have a new unholy site at the bottom
                            and provide more strength, and the holes you don't use will be
                            covered by the canvas and will be out of sight, but I don't know
                            if it's possible because i don't know exactly the construction
                            at the top of this canopy

It's just a thought

P.s. Very nice workspace you created with those canopies
                            very spacious
                            I just love detailing

Comment

Doesn't any type of drilling to the poles affect the structural integrity of the product possible voiding and warranty it may have?
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord
                              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

The canopy is very well made. I am sure the KD company dosn't want me drilling holes in it but I doubt it will weaken anything.

I am going to see if I live with it just the way it is. It is a really nice set up and I will hate to have to drill it. I will keep the idea as an option though.

Also, I just looked at my bill for the two canopies and I paid $1603 for the two and six canvas weight bags - NOT $1800.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');