• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay bar advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay bar advice

Folks,

I'm kinda new to claying and was hoping I can get some advice about the suitable products to my needs.

I've a sunset orange BMW M3 2020 and was planning my first detail, to my surprise I found several grades and kinds of clay bars from Meguiars. There is the synthetic clay G200200 under this link (https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/...hybrid-ceramic), which seems to be too awesome to be true (you can use it forever, just wash it, very durable etc...) but still no one is talking about it! and there is the traditional clay bar G191700 under this link (https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/...h-glass-finish).
    Can any of you explain the difference between both? do they have the normal application needs? and one recommend for certain uses more than the other? any articles anywhere about this particular topic?
    Last edited by Komo1006; Jun 11, 2022, 07:33 AM.

I had picked up another brands synthetic clay towel before this came out, but yeah, seems to work good. Not sure about lasting forever, but should be a while...

I have heard the synthetic ones can be a bit more aggressive...cant say I have noticed much, but I dont have a show car with super soft paint...

I just use mine while I wash each panel and use the soap for the lube. I would look at maybe the Quick Detailer or something as a lube if not soap... Spraying something that covers contaminates with protectant before removing them seems a bit off to me.... Its a great detailer for other uses though, so not a waste...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');