• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Squeegee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Squeegee?

Was tooling around today and saw one of these. Anyone use it?

Wayne
    Wayne

Still a Junior...

Some folks live and die by this tool; others, like me, won't allow one in the garage.

I have had to remove several straight line scratches after utilzing this product. Others say that they've never had a problem....

All in a personal opinion.

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I am very wary about using one too & hate the noise it makes as you drag it across the paint. I am paranoid about it introducing linear scratches to the finish.
      However, I have friends who are into concours in a big way & swear by it - their cars certainly look awesome with no sign of scratches.
      I guess you just have to be sure the surface is rinsed clean & free of contamination before you use it. Also if you give it a wipe with a clean towel between strokes the risk should be minimal.
      Give it a go, but just be careful.

Comment

Used them for many years no problems.
        *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Hey,

I have had no problems with mine either though I do a cautionary swipe with a cloth over the blade after each pass. However, I too am a little concerned. I usually use it for the windows and use a Meguiar's (Waffle Weave MF) Drying Towel for the paint.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
            Hey,

I usually use it for the windows and use a Meguiar's (Waffle Weave MF) Drying Towel for the paint.

Tim
            That would probably be the best. I did a car yesterday that left some spotting on the windshields. Nothing, Nothing took those spots off!

Wayne
            Wayne

Still a Junior...

Comment

I have 1
              I use 1
              and I also suffer from "spider scratches" By my own fault.
              are they from the California water blade probably not ,
              would California water blade scratch the finish probably so, Anything touching the finish will eventually leave some kind a mark behind,
              will it cause a deep scratches "NO" not unless you left something behind that should not have been there.

If you want a Superior Shine use Superior equipment I don't think the California water blade is sold there though.

I don't want to seem like a jerk but I learned a lot by reading the FAQ's from start to finish. Ever day someone teaches us a little more.
              Rich
              If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
              DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

I use one with not sign of scratching. now there is a possibility of it catching and leaving a mark(kinda like a scuff mark you know on a gym floor) but it does come right off.
                1999 Zr2
                2007 Fit
                http://community.webshots.com/user/vestalzr2

Comment

Originally posted by Beercan31

If you want a Superior Shine use Superior equipment I don't think the California water blade is sold there though.

I don't want to seem like a jerk but I learned a lot by reading the FAQ's from start to finish. Ever day someone teaches us a little more.
                  Ah, but I found out that if FAQ's were all inclusive, then there would be no reason for a Forum. Before I began this thread, not only did I search the FAQ's, but also did a search on the Forum.

Wayne
                  Wayne

Still a Junior...

Comment

Yeh got me on that one Wayne. I though about what I wrote, but to lazy to get up at 2:00am to make the change and no telling how many read it already so I let it ride and I'll take the heat for it.

I'll shut up now...LOL
                    Rich
                    If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                    DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Not a problem! I do enjoy your posts, though. Thanks for what you've taught me.

Wayne
                      Wayne

Still a Junior...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');