• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting rid of scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting rid of scratches

I would like to know the best way to get rid of scratahes?Does the cordless orbital buffer for just has good as electric one?

Try this post.... Short but answers your question:

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi chevyman2001

Welcome to Meguiar’s Online!

If ScratchX doesn't' remove your scratches, then you'll have to use a machine and a product formulated for machine use. I think this is also what the back of the label on the ScratchX states.

That's reality. Do you have a clear coat finish? If so, that's why it will require a machine. Your hand just doesn't offer the type of polishing action required to remove small particles of paint in a controlled method in an effort to level or flatten out the surface and in essence remove the scratches.

If you're lucky, a PC with some #83 will do the job. If this doesn't work, then it will probably require a rotary buffer.

The Cordless Polisher just doesn't have the power the plug-in model offers and is primarily used to apply either polish or wax to a finish already in new or excellent condition.

I’ll be posting some pictures of Scratch Removal from a yellow Ferrari real soon here and it will show you how to remove a scratch with a rotary buffer.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');