• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little help and NXT questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help and NXT questions

I was wondering if anybody could give me some input about the NXT line as compared to the Gold Class Line. I also had some questions about improving the finish of my Volvo. Let me preface my questions by saying I own a 2004 white Volvo S60, and looking a purchasing a 2005 BMW X5 (either in dark blue or black) to replace my black M5. I have just purchased the centennial collection with the Porter Cable buffer back in November of last year. I try to keep my vehicles looking their best at all times.

First, how does the NXT line rate/perform as compared to the Gold class Line ( in each of the following products: wash, wax, spray wax, and protectant), is it better, or is it designed for a totally different application (i.e. an all in one product cleaner, polish, and wax) and will I notice a better finish with the NXT line? I am also assuming that the standard prep work (clay bar, cleaner, polish) will enhance the end result of the NXT line.

My second question is; I have noticed that you mentioned that the Scratch X should not be applied with a buffer. However, I have been told by the tech department that this is an acceptable method. Could you please clue me in as to the best method? I have applied it with the Porter Cable buffer before, and noticed that it was somewhat difficult to take off. I do have swirl marks in my Volvo (the dealer waxed the new finish with a wool pad!) and I would like to remove them or at least hide them (would there be any professional line products that would be better). Also, do I let the Scratch X dry or wipe it off right away?

Lastly, I have noticed several people posting on the forums about using some of the professional line in conjunction with the NXT Line. Would their be any professional products that you would recommend that I use instead of the Scratch X and Phase 2 Polish that would give me better results on my vehicles.

I am getting ready to detail my vehicles again, and if the NXT line will provide me with better results than the Gold Class line, I will definitely place an order for the entire NXT line without hesitation. Again thank you for your time, I greatly appreciate your advice as well as your company's products and dedication to all of us car enthusiasts.

Thank you,
    J. M.
    You must stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Hi blkbmw,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I have copied and pasted you questions into Word and will post back here the answers.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');