• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megs Finishing Pad - Bottomless pit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellspawn
    Well, tried another layer today, and did the outside circle, it seemed to help *some*, but I still get a lot more coverage from the same amount of wax/cleaner, etc on a polishing pad..

I know the finishing pad is softer, perhaps with softer comes more absorbent?
    I would tend to aggree with that statement. The W-9006 is softer and may tend to absorb more readily than a W-8006 or a W-7006 pad. This is especially true when new.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I did have better luck with it using the circle pattern than just putting a glob in the middle. Then again I'm kind of new to this so I'm trying to soak up (no pun intended) as much as I can.

One thing I'm not too awfully clear on Mike, when applying the final wax, whether it be NXT (lets use that for example) or #26, how much should I see on the surface after applying by PC?

What I'm trying to do :

A barely visible coating with the pad swirls showing in the wax I've laid down, best described as a 'faint' residue on the paint..

About right? I know I need it to be uniform to get a level coat..

Marc
      2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');