• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice for new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for new truck

Hello guys.Was wondering if I could get some feedback.I have a new '04 Avalanche medium blue metallic,just got in January.havn't done much to it yet due to the cold other that NXT wash and Quick Detailer after.I don't mind spending whatever time it takes to keep my baby looking good.So guess what I'm getting to is..what products do y'all suggest I use and in what order do I apply them.I have been lurking around here for a few weeks read so much I got scrambled brains I'm on vacation in 2 weeks so I'd like to get my goods ordered and do it that week

Thanx

Well we can all suggest things till we go blue in the face.... so here is one option:

Step 1 - Deep Crystal Cleaner
    Step 2 - Deep Crystal Polish
    Step 3 - NXT Wax (second coat 12 hours or so after the first)

The reason that I suggest the Deep Crystal products is that I have gotten great results by hand and they are easy to use, I am guessing you will be applying by hand. Then on to NXT Wax, having blue metallic I would think it would make that color look awsome, I love NXT on darker colors. Now if you are looking in the Pro line check in HERE for Deep Crystal vs. Pro line.

I have heard NXT works well on its own but I am a fan of three steps I think it gives you the extra edge.

There is TONS of info on here read up and see what might works best for you.

Do you have any products now?
    Last edited by gb387; Apr 13, 2004, 04:46 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanx for the reply.Yes I currently have quite a few car care products on hand,I'm known on the block as the guy with the clean carsbeen using Mother's phase 1, 2&3 in the past with pretty good results but after seeing what you guys are doing here especially with the tech wax I'm looking to get back to Meguiar's products

Comment

Hi avalanche8

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

If you really want to keep you new truck looking new, the secret is Frequent Car Care, with any premium quality car care products.

Getting your truck on a regular maintenance program will keep it looking brand new as long as you own it. And like Barry always says, "Frequent car care is easy car care".

Try the Tech Wax, I'm sure you love the results. For the plastic cladding, you might want to consider picking up a quart of the M-38 Tire and Trim Dressing Gel.

Also, it's important that your wash mitt's are always in excellent condition, as soon as they begin to appear tatty, replace them with new ones. It's always best to stop swirls and scratches at the sources.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have never used Mothers before I am sure they make a fine product... I have had very good results with Meguiars and their customer service is first class! The results that I have gotten with the NXT have been impressive I am sure there are better waxes out there but for the money NXT is the best as far as I am concerned. I don't work for Meguiars but I will always speak very highly of them.

Do you apply your products by hand or with a Porter Cable?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Always been by hand but I'm looking to invest in a pc,my shoulders just can't take it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by avalanche8
              Always been by hand but I'm looking to invest in a pc,my shoulders just can't take it anymore
              Been there, done that...

There is going to be some package deals (With a PC included) for the online members sometime soon.
              r. b.

Comment

as a fellow truck owner, buy the pc. it will pay for itsself in the matriels you save and time!
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

Hey avalanche8,

Congrats on the truck

I too am I fellow truck owner, only mine is just a baby Ranger. Still, The pc really helps to speed things up and the results speak for themselves. Almost 90% people out there can use a PC properly, they just don't know it Just requires common sense that's all. Once you get the hang of it, it's a no brainer,,,deadman98

Comment

I have a 01 Chevy Tahoe and my pops Has a 02 Avalanche.
                    I have pretty much always done my waxing by hand but i would really consider the deal Mike@ meguiars has talked about.
                    How much time and material are we talking about saving here?
                    Also is there any video out there to properly use this machine?

Comment

Originally posted by gauchoy2k
                      I have a 01 Chevy Tahoe and my pops Has a 02 Avalanche.
                      I have pretty much always done my waxing by hand but i would really consider the deal Mike@ meguiars has talked about.
                      How much time and material are we talking about saving here?
                      Also is there any video out there to properly use this machine?
                      I think Meguiars sends out a Power Polishing video with a PC purchase from them (At least I received one).

If not, then you can view it online here
                      Last edited by rusty bumper; Apr 27, 2004, 08:04 AM.
                      r. b.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');