• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

protectant test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protectant test

I took my work truck, which is serverly weathered and used the front bumper as a test area. this bumper should be black, but it is so weathered that its almost as white as the paint!
    I applied gold class trim detailer on the left and # 38 on the right.

the gold class had just a tiny bit more shine, but hardy noticable.
    than I applied #40 to a different spot.

the # 40 didn't have near the shine, but wasn't near as greasy feeling as the others, not that any of these felt greasy, just in comparision between them all. than I took white wall cleaner and sparyed it on to see how durable they where. ( I thought white wall cleaner would be a little more harsh than a regular car wash so this might simulate real weather?)

as you can see the first two held up ok, both lost some shine but still there. the gold class seemed to keep alittle more shine than the #38, but just alittle.

the #40 was all but gone.
    hope this helps someone.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

GREAT test 2000!

I know now that I am using the right stuff!

Comment

Thanks for the comparison test between products.
      photos look good,
      awesome demo.

(Note to self add Gold Class Trim Detailer to shopping list.)
      Rich
      If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
      DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

I've only posted a few times, but I've been reading a lot. Since Meguiar's has so many great products, it's hard to determine what will work its best. Thanks for the info! My wife's SUV will be happy!

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks 2000! I was actually getting ready to post a question regarding trim detailing. I think you answered my question
          2003 Mach 1
          Azure Blue
          5 speed/IUP
          2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
          KY Horsepower

Comment

Thanks for the test 2000.

I just received a 2nd bottle of Trim Detailer from Meguiars lately....Great stuff IMO!

I have never tried #38 yet, but I went through a bottle of #40 some time ago, and I just did not care for it on the outside trim & such that much...I experienced some of the same problems as your right photo suggests.

I think #40 is more suited for a car's interior...Just my .02 worth.

Edit: I wonder what Endurance would do for that bumper?
            Last edited by rusty bumper; Apr 11, 2004, 12:50 PM.
            r. b.

Comment

[i]

Edit: I wonder what Endurance would do for that bumper? [/B]
              I tried it once on a vehicle and fould it to be to greasy and left alot of oily residue when washed, however this is with the high gloss version. also could of been that I was applying to heavy, as I have found that " less is more" only recently. I quess I shall tried to add to my little test tomorrow.
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

GREAT write-up. Very simple and pictures illustrate it very well. I'm a huge fan of trim detailer. I was wondering though, isn't #38 more of a cleaner than mearly a conditioner? If so have you tried using it and then going over the same spot with trim detailer or #40? Just an idea.

thanks,
                Slats
                -------------
                John 17:3
                -------------

Comment

Originally posted by Slats
                  GREAT write-up. Very simple and pictures illustrate it very well. I'm a huge fan of trim detailer. I was wondering though, isn't #38 more of a cleaner than mearly a conditioner? If so have you tried using it and then going over the same spot with trim detailer or #40? Just an idea.

thanks,
                  Slats
                  #39 is the cleaner and #38 is a tire and dressing gel similiar to endurance.
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

ok, heres my add on, hope your out there rusty bumper one of these is for you.
                    first I used endurance tire gel high gloss on the left and hot shine aerosal on the left.

both had a very similar shine and feel. I was surprised how close hot shine was to the endurance. than I applied nxt protectant.

now heres the shocking thing pardon the pun. there was stactic everytime I touched the nxt. not greasy feeling and the shine was alittle lower than the other two (more to my liking.) very similar to #40, but a great citrus smell as with all the nxt protects I've used. just can't get over the static thing. ok, now the white wall cleaner.
                    first the endurance and hot shine.

both held up well, again surprised at the hot shine, its closer to the endurance in this catagory as well. I would say these held up alittle better than gold class trim detailer and #38, but ever so slightly. (pics don't really so it as it wasn't as sunny out today.)
                    now the nxt.

it did better than the # 40, but not by much. I would say it faded instead of turn white as the #40 did. now I need to try the nxt inside to see if I get static there as well, because I really like the feel and look and I LOVE THE SMELL!
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

because I really like the feel and look and I LOVE THE SMELL!
                      That makes two of us. There is something about the smell of NXT Tech Protectant that makes me enjoy dressing my exterior trim. And the static thing is weird, wish it didn't do that.
                      LL

Comment

Originally posted by doubleL
                        That makes two of us. There is something about the smell of NXT Tech Protectant that makes me enjoy dressing my exterior trim. And the static thing is weird, wish it didn't do that.
                        so it does that for you also? does it go away? if so how long?
                        thanks.
                        2019 GMC Sierra
                        1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks for the test 2000!

Looks like Endurance is the best of the bunch IMO.

I saw Don post something about NXT protectant making the hairs of his arm stand up when applying it inside his car!...If that's the case, then I wouldn't use it to detail around the gas cap area!...
                          r. b.

Comment

I appilied nxt to the interior of my wifes car this morning and I didn't get any static at all. It came out great! wiped one time with mf and it had the perfect amount of sheen and it wasn't greasy. the only difference I can think of is when I did the bumper I let it set before I spread out, when I did the car I spread it out right away.?

hey R.B. I love the endurance as well, but not so fast, have you tried hot shine? I can't get over how similar the two were (my pics didn't do them justice) I aways assumed that the gel HAD to be better than the spray but I'm not willing to say that anymore. My next test is to do one tire completly with endurance and the tire behide it, completly in hot shine and drive them for a week or so and see just how much difference there is in durabilitly. I would of thought the hot shine would of come right off in my test but it didn't.
                            2019 GMC Sierra
                            1500 AT4

Comment

HEY 2000,

Your doing a great for all of us. In regards to the NXT protectant, I have used it twice now once on my wife's van and the other on my car and have had no static what so ever. I even feel that it attracts less dust. I am very happy with it for my interior.
                              For the tires I have been using the endurance with no shine and really like it. I will wait for your results between the endurance and the hot shine to see if I change or stay with the endurance.

Thanks again for your input.

Lino

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');