• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!

I would appreciate anyone's advice on the following matter -

I just purchased a '01 bmw 325 ci convertible which is dark green w/ 22k miles. The car has alot of scratches on the engine hood, and a few on the trunk lid. You cant feel the scratches but you can definitely see them from different angles in the paint. None of the scratches go to the metal. Also, there are a couple of swirl marks on the engine hood. The fenders and the doors look to be in pretty good condition. Before I purchased the car, I doubt that it was garaged. But now it will be. Also, the car will only be driven on nice days, no rain or snow. Just a pleasure car.

I ordered from Meguiar's the following -

1) DA polisher (the machine)
    2) the Dual Action Cleaner/ Polish (#83)
    3) NXT Wax
    4) Quick Detailer

My questions are -

1) Should I use Scratch X instead of the # 83 and then a separate polish?

2)Is there another Meguiar's setup you recommend to restore this car's neglected paint surface and remove the scratches/ swirl marks?

ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

TOMSAWYER
    MODERN DAY WARRIOR

Re: help!

Originally posted by tomsawyer
    My questions are -

1) Should I use Scratch X instead of the # 83 and then a separate polish?

2)Is there another Meguiar's setup you recommend to restore this car's neglected paint surface and remove the scratches/ swirl marks?

ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

TOMSAWYER
    MODERN DAY WARRIOR
    Hi tomsawyer,

Welcome to Meguiar's

Here's your answers...

As far as using ScratchX instead of #83, don't do it. ScratchX isn't formulated to work with heat, it can get gummy on your finish and become difficult to remove.

I think your plan of attack is right on target. Wash the car, then clay, then go over each panel with the #83/PC/W-8006 foam polishing pad on about the 5.0 setting working the worst areas at least twice.

Then apply two coats of the NXT Tech Wax.

Then, take a pictures and share your results here.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');