• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few questions on full detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions on full detail

Ok I have a arctic white paint on my 1995 mustang I’m going to do full detail on it more then my normal wash and wax because it’s going to a show. I’m interested in the m7 and m21 never used ether so would like some suggestions if possible. I was thinking of doing ultimate polish then m21 sealant because a detail buddy of mine suggested it for more looks then stacking wax ultimate wax then ether deep crystal carnauba or gold class plus liquid. Im really wanting that deep wet high gloss look paint is only 2 years old and has garage life under car cover and is super slick so didn’t see the need to compound it so help me out if possible I’ve read the m7 will out shine anything but that’s just what I read

Re: Few questions on full detail

Yeah, probably dont need compound, but you may want to look at clay, or a spray like the IronX/TarX, or Meguiars Spray Clay (not a clay, more of an iron remover). Getting the surface clean will help most.

A deep look is hard to get on white, but gloss and wet should be doable. Ult Polish, and then Ult Wax or #21 would be good options.

Some people will put a polish like Deep Crystal or #7 on top right before the car show. Or you may take a detail spray, and/or spray wax like the Gold Class spray wax to put on right at the show.
    Last edited by Murr1525; Mar 8, 2022, 09:59 AM.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok so the number 7 goes on top of the wax? And what about #21?

Comment

Normally it would go clean, then polish (#7, or Ult Polish, etc), then wax/#21. But I'm saying just for car shows, some people put #7 on top.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ultimate Polish and M21 is a nice combination.

M07 is basically a glaze that added depth and gloss to the surface, where Ultimate Polish has a light, fine abrasive in it. These abrasives exfoliate the paint which cleans it and removes dead and oxidized paint. The glaze component in in Ultimate Polish is similar to that found in M07. It also helps get maximum life out of a Meguiar's wax or sealant.

M205 + M21 was a good combination on my Dad's white Dodge Charger.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');