• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi I am in the UK I have 2 x 05 plate Hondas in black one is a crv the other is a jazz , does any know if I can use ultimate compound on the body then a polish and a wax using the DA polisher to remove marks i use a clay first , I am a bit worried the car may have a clear coat but can't find out off the net so hoping you lovely people may now
    Kind regards Neil

Re: Advice please

In my experience Hondas black paint in the US in that year range tends to be quite soft. If you're looking to remove marring from claying the vehicle along with swirls and minor scratches Ultimate Compound may be a little more agressive than you need. If you were dead set on 2 or 3 stepping the paint starting with a compound, U.C. would be a good place to start as it offers good cutting for soft paint but falls below M100/105/110 or D300. Starting out with the least aggressive combination of product and pad and doing test spots will be your best friend. Pads are just as much a part of the equation as product. Pair up a polish with a few different pad choices and you'll be surprised by the amount of correction that you can achieve.

Comment

Have you clayed yet?

You may want to focus on using a mild clay, good lubricant so that no marring is caused.

Also can look at things like iron and tar remover sprays to use first, to get more gunk off, and prevent the clay from having to drag it around.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi guys thanks for reply my crv has tiny scratches around were door handle is I suspected a ladies ring . The jazz has wood stain over spray were my wife painted the fence and didn't move the car
        So what is mild if ultimate compound is too much

Comment

Those situations seems reasonable for Ult Compound.

You just want to be carefull to use a good quality pad/applicator, and apply even pressure under your fingers/palm. Just dont use one finger, push down hard and work one tiny spot over and over.

Comment

Thanks Murr1525 , so do it by hand then and not use the DA polisher

Comment

Well, DA might not fit as well under door handles anyway...

Comment

Thanks guys you been so much help

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');