• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing

What would you guys recommend the polish I use for a 89 Buick in decent shape. The paint has scratches and swirls. It is maroon in color. I have been using Deep Crystal for my other cars...but they are newer and in better shape. Should I use ColorX or stick with Deep Crystal or something else? Thanks!

What are you going to be using for application

Comment

by hand with a foam applicator...at least until MIKE can let us in on the PC packages secret!!!! Ready to buy...just waiting for the word "go".

Comment

This Friday maybe???!
        '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
        '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Re: Polishing

Originally posted by rdarwa
          What would you guys recommend the polish I use for a 89 Buick in decent shape. The paint has scratches and swirls. It is maroon in color. I have been using Deep Crystal for my other cars...but they are newer and in better shape. Should I use ColorX or stick with Deep Crystal or something else? Thanks!
          I would spot test a place with DCPC (Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner) to see if that removes the scratches 1st...If not, then you will have to step up to ColorX, as it has more bite to it.

You can also try a terry pad instead of foam, since the terry pad will give the cleaners more bite.

MPPC (Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner) would be next in line on the cleaning scale if ColorX will not do the job.

If that doesn't do it....Better buy a PC!
          r. b.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');