• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Film On Alloy Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Film On Alloy Wheel

Hello all,

I have a 2005 Mustang and the driver side front wheel has a strange yellow film on its outer edge. I have tried bith Meguiars wheel cleaners and ammo nyc plum, but it will not go away. Has anyone seen this before or knows how to get rid of it? I have a car show coming up soon and would love to get it off.

Here are some photos:

shared by member ${full_name} - Photobox offer award-winning digital photo prints from just 4p plus free photo sharing and storage. You can also personalise a whole range of photo gifts and cards.

Thanks!

Re: Yellow Film On Alloy Wheel

No access to your photobox.

This thread should help with uploading images to your Gallery. Then you can use them in your posts.

How to upload and insert an image into your posts

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...nto-your-posts

Comment

double post. Sorry

Comment

Does this come up?

Great it worked! Thanks!

Comment

Image appears.
          There appears to be a yellow tint on the outer most ring of the rim.
          Is it possible that the tire dressing is overlapped and the two chemicals are reacting?

Comment

I'm not sure what it could be. I have been poking around online and have not found anything like it thus far. What's weird is it is only on the driver side front wheel, but not on the others. The section under the valve stem you can feel with your finger like it is crusting of bubbling up, but other than that it is smooth. It could be unrelated, but I first noticed it after I got a new set of tires. As far as products go I have only used the Meguiars wheel cleaner (Hot Rims: The Purple One), but primarily Ammo Plum. I didn't want to start experimenting with more abrasive options until I posted here first.

Comment

Re Yellow Film On Alloy Wheel

I restored two 87s and kept the steel wheels. I see no benefit in going to the alloy. The only regret I have is that I did not get them powder coated
              nadyn.biz

Comment

I have seen similar yellowing and roughness on alloy rims. It occurred where an adhesive had been used to hold small weights to balance the rim/tire.

Comment

try some detailing clay.

It could be from the tire mounting lube.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');