• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haze spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze spot

Mike,

Do you know how I could get out this haze spot? It seems to be getting worse after several coats of NXT.

thanks for anyones help.

grrr trying to send pic.

Comment

3rd time is a charm!

sorry..........

Comment

Do you have any ScratchX?

Or any type of either a paint cleaner, or a cleaner/polish?

* Meguiar's Clear Coat Body Scrub
        * Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner
        * #9 Swirl Remover 2.0
        * Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

I used scratchx on it today...before I had tried #9...Would the PC help? Give us a deal and I WILL be buying one this week.

Comment

I have something similar on my bumper... I have used #9 2.0 and a PC on it and it seemed to lighten the haze but its still there I think next time I wax I might pick something up a little more agressive like #83.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by rdarwa
              Mike,

I used scratchx on it today...before I had tried #9...Would the PC help? Give us a deal and I WILL be buying one this week.

Hi rdarwa,

Hard to say without trying it, that's why I always say, [i]"You never know until you try"

I'm curious as to what caused it?

If it were mine, I would hit it with the rotary buffer. If this didn't fix it, nothing will. It could be in the paint, not on the paint, like some kind of stain.

I'll be announcing the PC package deals for Meguiar's Online Forum Members next week.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

we bought the 4runner used and there was a small dent that we had taken out when we had the fender flares painted and installed. Instead of repainting the whole rear panel we just had the spot fixed and they blended the paint into the panel. I took it back to them Monday and they buffed it with some wax. It is not as noticible now as it was. They said the only way to get rid of it is to repaint the whole panel. They say that it might get worse over time, but then again it might get better. The problems of dealing with matalic paint!! I don't know if this is the clear coat hazing or the actual paint under the clear coat. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks,
                Ronnette

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');