• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to wash wash mitt and microfiber towels? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wash wash mitt and microfiber towels? :)

I want to wash my car towels. I have Meguiar's Water Magnet Towels, Chemical Guys Microfiber towels, Microfiber Wash Mitt(With noodles). Can I put these all together to wash?

Anyways, we have a laundry machine and I've heard that it's important to use a laundry detergent that has no fragrance or anything. What I found was a Kirkland UltraClean Premium Detergent. It is said to have no dyes or no perfumes.

1) Is this a safe detergent?

2) I will be air-drying. Can I just have it in the bathroom because when we take a shower and everything the steam will help with the process, or is it better outside?

3) If it's possible, are there any instructions, hot or cold water, the process?

4) Can I put my wash mitt with the microfiber towels?

5) I want to wash it after every time I wash the car. Is that good or too much? It will be my first time applying Quick detailer and then wax so I will be using the MF towels to wipe off the wax.

Re: How to wash wash mitt and microfiber towels?

My wife washes all of my MF towels, wash mitts (when I use them), drying towels, etc all together. We use the Kirkland Ultra Clean Premium along with a little Oxy Clean in the wash - hot water, let soak for an hour or so then normal cycle - NO FABRIC SOFTENER. We tumble dry in the gas dryer, also with no fabric softener sheets. they come out very clean and soft and leave no residue or film behind when using them on my Tundra and wife's Avalon. ALWAYS wash your towels after use - even if they don't look that dirty. Good quality MF towels will hold up well through MANY washes. I rarely use wash mitts, as I opt instead to use Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash most of the time - does a great job, even when quite dirty, and conserves water. With a good coat of wax, and routine maintenance with a quick detailer (I use Last Touch), you can minimize the need for a full "wet wash", although you still have to do it occasionally - of course this also depends on the area you live - you (we) are fortunate in Southern California where we don't have to put up with the extreme road filth that people who live in other parts of the country where it snows have to deal with. Hope you find this helpful.

Comment

Thank you for the response! I have a quick question.

When you wrote, Let soak for an hour or so then normal cycle, can you clarify that for me? Do you mean have hot water in a bucket and let all my towels and mitts soak in there for an hour then on to the laundry?

I would just like to clarify!

Comment

You can toss your wash mitt into the wash with towels as long as it's a microfiber wash mitt. I wash my Meguiar's microfiber wash mitt and drying towels together. I use a microfiber detergent by the name of 3D Towel Kleen. In my honest opinion a microfiber detergent works much better. It keeps the microfiber towels feeling softer and staying plush longer.

See this video that has some helpful tips.

This is a longer video discussing: 1) What to look for in a particular MF towel 2) How to wash/dry your towels 3) How to organize your towels once they are ...

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Generally, my wife just fills the washing machine with hot water, detergent and Oxy Clean, then pauses the wash cycle for an hour or so to soak, then lets the normal cycle run through. However, when I have REALLY dirty MF towels, I will sometimes pre-soak them in a bucket of hot water and Oxy Clean for as much as a day. Then I wring them out well and put them in the washing machine - still with the same washing machine pre-soak for an hour and then resume normal cycle. Works really well for me - my towels have been through MANY cycles and still look and feel like new, after over two years of heavy use.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            You can toss your wash mitt into the wash with towels as long as it's a microfiber wash mitt. I wash my Meguiar's microfiber wash mitt and drying towels together. I use a microfiber detergent by the name of 3D Towel Kleen. In my honest opinion a microfiber detergent works much better. It keeps the microfiber towels feeling softer and staying plush longer.

See this video that has some helpful tips.

This is a longer video discussing: 1) What to look for in a particular MF towel 2) How to wash/dry your towels 3) How to organize your towels once they are ...

Will watch it! Our apartment has dryers so I will utilize them when I dry my towels or can I put it outside our balcony to dry?

Can I mix my wash mitt, water magnet drying towels, and microfibers? i think the drying towel is waffle weave.

My parents have an old thinking mentality and they have always thought washing a car is just with extra shirts and socks in the house so they think I am going overboard with this lol.

Comment

My parents go and clean the car using a house swiper because they are too lazy to go wash it and think they are doing good for the car.

I keep on telling them I don't think it's a good idea but doesn't it just cause more scratches and swirls? Or how much dust is the thing going to collect? I think it just takes dust from one place to the other -.-

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');