• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to prep Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to prep Windows

I like to put Rain-X on my Windows,but wondering best way to prep window. Right now I
    1. Clay Windows
    2. Use da polisher with yellow pad and ultimate polishing compound
    3. Coat with Rain-X

Would you do it differently or is what I am doing enough?

Just looking for some advice.
    Thanks.

They do have glass polishing pads mad specifically for your windshield. I like larrys from ammo way of cleaning your windshield.

Comment

I wouldn't use polish/compounds on windows. I'd suggest Glass Science Glass Scrub followed by a coat of Rain X/ Rain Clear.

Comment

Re: Best way to prep Windows

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
        They do have glass polishing pads mad specifically for your windshield. I like larrys from ammo way of cleaning your windshield.
        That is a great method. I do the same.

Originally posted by gauravvi View Post
        I wouldn't use polish/compounds on windows. I'd suggest Glass Science Glass Scrub followed by a coat of Rain X/ Rain Clear.
        Curious to hear your reason on why not to use compounds or polishes on external glass.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Best way to prep Windows

just clay the windows, use some glass cleaner, and apply some Rain-X. I wouldn't compound glass with paint compound.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');