• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh! Charity Car Cruise/Cruise-in Dilemma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh! Charity Car Cruise/Cruise-in Dilemma!

I've entered and paid the fee for a charity Mustang cruise this Saturday and there is a 60% chance of rain. I just washed and waxed my car this past weekend, and the car is garage kept and not daily driven. So the dilemma is, should I bite the bullet and take the car out if its raining, or keep it nice and shiny in the garage? If it is raining, and a lot of people stay home, there are better chances of winning some of the raffle prizes! LOL
    2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Re: Ugh! Charity Car Cruise/Cruise-in Dilemma!

My car is like yours, not a daily driver & garage kept. I would never knowingly take my car out if I knew it was going to get rained on. I have had my car for 13 yrs and it has gotten rained on a grand total of 3 times. if the weather forecast says up to a 30% chance of rain I will go for it but more than that no way. And going by that rule has worked very well for me.
    You have supported the charity by pre - registering so if you stay home you have still helped out. Are the raffle prizes worth having to wash & detail your car?
    What I always do is see what the forecast is on the day of the event & take it from there. If you go to weather.com and punch in your zip code not only do you get your local forecast; if you click on the weather in motion feature any inclement weather coming through you can see its path of travel and determine if it's going to miss the location of your area and the path between your home and event.
    There has been times where the night before an event they were forecasting 80% chance of rain but the next morning there wasn't a cloud in the sky! So, just get up that morning and take it from there.
    One time before I found out about the advantageous features of weather.com the night before an event the forecast for the next day was pretty much the second coming of Noah. My wife asked me if i was still going to go to the car show the next day with the bad forecast and I said no. So she asked me to take her to an indoor flower show so I said OK. When I woke up the next day it was bright and sunny and the rain that was supposed to come through had tracked to the north and I missed out on a show I was really looking forward to.
    1978 Special Edition Bandit Trans Am
    Rolling billboard for Meguiars Gold Class Products

Comment

Well said Rich, I completely agree!

Good to see there's someone else like me who checks forecasts, and avoids 'getting rained on' at all costs.

I'm thankful that I have the luxuxry of having a garage queen and a daily driver.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I've been watching the heck out of weather.com! I always do when car shows are coming up. I'm very fortunate to be able to keep my car in the garage and not daily drive it, even though I don't own a daily driver! Luckily I have a work car to drive, for work only, during the week. And if it's looking bad on a weekend day, I'll take the wife's car!

Ugh! weather.com is now specifically predicting 60% chance of rain, AM thunderstorms. The question is; how wide spread will they be?
        2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Gonna send ya to another wx site to check... www.weather.gov . Up in the corner you will (hopefully) see a box for your zip code.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');