• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Black Plastic Restorer-Aerosol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Black Plastic Restorer-Aerosol

I know I haven't posted here in a while but once I tried this product.....a review was needed. It is done rather hastily so excuse my lack of perfect pictures.

Imagine all of the trim was grayed out or dull on this vehicle. This product brought them back beautifully and acts as a coating which will last a looong time compared to traditional dressings.

Below:The license plate frame used to be gray and disgusting. But now it is nice and dark. The white spots are compound dust.

Below:
    The rubber seal around the sunroof used to be completely dull but is now nice and dark.

You can clearly see the over spray which is not too big of a problem. More on that later.

Below:The pillars between the doors. This is the first plastic protectant to actually stick to this surface. Although it runs a little, this simply shows me how resilient the protectant is.

Below: The trim below the windshield used to be gray and dull but is back to being dark and shiny. You can also see the over-spray on the windshield.

Below: The thin piece of trim running on the roof. It used to be gray and dull but is not dark and shiny. The texture isn't perfect but it is protected and feels like a coating. It feels very resilient.

The overspray is on the edges around the car and it was rough to get off the paint! I was compounding with the M300 with a Meguiars microfiber cutting pad and D300 Microfiber Compound. It finally came off relatively easy with this combination but if it was thick then I needed to get in there with a foam applicator by hand with very specific pressure.

However, overall this product is highly effective. It is truly remarkable how easily this restored the trim and how resilient it is.

I can see using this as step 2 or 3 in a complete detail. I could wash, clay, mask off all of the edges and spray the trim. This would eliminate the overspray and make compounding much easier as dust wipes off easier.

As a plus, this stuff will not just leave the trim if you touch it with the compound and pad. It is truly a coating and lasts on the trim.

The over-spray was my fault but not a big deal because the car is a daily driver and just needs to be protected.

I love this product!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Review: Black Plastic Restorer-Aerosol

Props to you for spraying in those areas without any kind of masking. I've used this myself and have a review on it and it is a PITA to remove overspray. In those trim areas i would prefer to use the lotion version of ultimate black.

It does look like it was over applied on the pillars and the front trim. Or is the that the texture of the trim?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Props to you for spraying in those areas without any kind of masking. I've used this myself and have a review on it and it is a PITA to remove overspray. In those trim areas i would prefer to use the lotion version of ultimate black.

It does look like it was over applied on the pillars and the front trim. Or is the that the texture of the trim?
      Definitely overapplied but think of this as a stress test. I was putting it hard to the test on barely prepped trim and no masking.

The over spray is not a big deal to me since I'm not trying to win competitions but simply keep it protected.

Now I know to mask off my personal car when I do it
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698

Comment

Thanks for the review Shawn!

This is a product I must try one day.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Here are some pictures of the taping that was necessary to ensure there wasn't a large amount of over-spray. Pictures don't do it justice but I wanted to give the photos from a distance to give a holistic picture of the effects of the product.

The pictures are given in a before/after, before/after format.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

I absolutely love this product! It is truly remarkable how easily it restores trim and how well it protects the trim with a true protective layer. This is, BY FAR, the best trim restorer and protectant I have ever used. It matches All Season dressing in it's restorative ability and exceeds it's protective factor on a variety of trim surfaces.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO USE THIS PRODUCT!
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698

Comment

Now if they can just figure out how to make it in a lotion....
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
              I see what you did there.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                I see what you did there.
                I prefer a challenge
                Tedrow's Detailing
                845-642-1698

Comment

Nice job of taping off. Did you use most of the roll of tape?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');