• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wetsand/turtle wax compound/turtle wax/nufinish polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wetsand/turtle wax compound/turtle wax/nufinish polish

thought i share the results if your on a budget.. some of my old cars i did with this method

wetsand 1200/1500/2000 depending on paint condition
    i like to work in sections (MEANING WETSAND/CLEAN THE SECTION THEN COMPOUND)

turtle wax compound green bottle with yellow foam pad
    turtle wax green bottle with black foam pad
    nufinish with white pad

BEFORE

AFTER

Re: wetsand/turtle wax compound/turtle wax/nufinish polish

Nice job. Some people turn up their nose at Turtle Wax and Nu Finish, but both are as good as any. Waxed my home AC unit with Turtle Wax over a year ago and it still beads.

Comment

Nice! You just proved that one doesn't need to spend huge amounts of money to achieve great results and that results are achieved by using products as directed.

The question for me now is how durable is nufinish, using the same proper paint care techiques.

Comment

cant really tell you since i really keep my cars clean every week. forgot to mention the dollar tree $1 car wax soap

more pics in the link

Comment

the finish last a very long time. i always keep my cars clean once a week or so.. i have more pics of my other cars but for some reason i cant up load them on here or post a link

Comment

Originally posted by nyckid View Post
            the finish last a very long time. i always keep my cars clean once a week or so.. i have more pics of my other cars but for some reason i cant up load them on here or post a link
            Great work!
            It has been well over 25 years since I used Turtle Wax (paste) wax. It's a good thing to see those companies turning out better products. Your pics prove this!

By the way, if you open a free account on Photobucket; you're able to upload whatever pics you have. Once you do this you'll be able to copy the IMG link from the pic, paste it in your thread and voila ...... PICS!
            The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us
            Serving: Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice work - the cars look good.

But to be totally honest, I think there is potential for them to look better.
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');