• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time clay baring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First time clay baring

I put a facebook post about my car and 3 people said that.. It must be what "normal" people ask. Lol
    Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and somebody yells SHUTUP!!

Comment

I put all my towels and applicators in zip lock bags but I don't close them. Sealing them air tight can cause mold.

... And I wish I had a garage for all those same reasons. Lol.

Comment

Hello again all. I am kinda confused here. I'll recap to save you all from reading this whole post. About 3 week ago I clay barred and waxed my car. I use all Meguiar's products including Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. Today was the first time I had time to do another full 2 bucket wash. When I was done the car still looked great. But when I lightly touched the clean dry car it didn't feel anywhere near as smooth as when it did after I first waxed it. My questions are lol, Is this normal for the car to be rough feeling again already? Did I not wax it correctly? And if this is normal does that mean that I should wax it again? Is it ok to wax it again allready? Or should I just use quick detail? The water did act like it still had protection on the car. Any help or advice please..

Her are are some facts to help ya with any answers.

the car is a 2015
        its white
        i live in DE. (Small state on east coast) lol
        its just starting to get warm here.
        Due to incredibly high pollen count right now, cars that are not washed are almost GREEN.
        But I did just do a full 2 bucket wash

Comment

It could possibly be surface contaminants from the day to day drive. The pollen doesn't help. You could use some ultimate quik wax to give the UW a boost after washing or as a drying aid.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

As a drying aid? What do ya mean by that? Like after I wash it, while its still wet I spray it with Meguiar's quick wax and wipe it down? Or am I totally misunderstanding you? And can I re wax it with my paste wax allready or is 3 weeks too soon?

Mike

Comment

That's exactly what I meant by drying aid. It will give you some of that slickness back and boost UW. I can't tell you if you need to reapply wax. I would say no as 3 weeks seems to soon for UW to fail. But things happen. In addition to that you said you saw that the surface was behaving like there is still something on the paint. It could just be too much pollen killing the slickness. Try ultimate quik wax first and see how it responds for you.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Comment

I may be a little late to add my opinion. but here goes. I like to use Meguiars cleaner wax after I clay my vehicle. Then I apply a second coat of wax my choice. I believe by doing it this way you remove all residue and give yourself the cleanest paint possible. Then when you apply the wax of your choice, you are going to achieve the best results in terms of gloss, smoothness and reflectivity.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Havinfun75 View Post
                    And can I re wax it with my paste wax allready or is 3 weeks too soon?
                    As Guz said, you probably don't need to re-wax. But it certainly won't hurt anything if you want to do it again.
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Sorry all for my late reply. Work has been crazy. But thank you. I had NO IDEA That I could use Meguiar's quick wax while the car was still wet to help dry it. I can't wait to try it now and see how it goes. And while I didnt think I needed to re wax it yet it's good to know that I could do it without risking wax buildup or anything else negative happening. It's good to have someone else's opnion on the matter. Also I now fully believe that it is mostly a pollen problem. I took my car in for its first service @ just under 3000 miles. While I was there I looked around on thier lot. Well there was this row of Bran new BLACK 2015 Mustangs. OH MY GOD they were so caked in pollen they seriously looked green. I mean I don't know how they are going to keep their cars clean. Until the end of this "pollen season" anyway.

Thank again all. I am so loving this community
                      Mike

Comment

I almost forgot.. @ Davy g-force. I have been meaning to tell ya that I LOVE your signature. It is so true. I owned one black car in my life. It was a 94 Mustang GT. When it was 100% clean and shiny it was beautiful. Nothing can compare with a perfectly clean and waxed, scratch free black car in my opinion. However keeping a daily driver in that shape is close to impossible.

thanks again
                        Mike

Comment

lol... they're not my words, but yeah I could really relate to it too... So much so that I had to make it my signature!

Credit to Blueline
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Well I feel silly now. It says it right in your signature that Blueline said it..lol oh well credit to both of ya then!!
                            Sorry all for my late reply. Work has been crazy. But thank you. I had NO IDEA That I could use Meguiar's quick wax while the car was still wet to help dry it. I can't wait to try it now and see how it goes. And while I didnt think I needed to re wax it yet it's good to know that I could do it without risking wax buildup or anything else negative happening. It's good to have someone else's opnion on the matter. Also I now fully believe that it is mostly a pollen problem. I took my car in for its first service @ just under 3000 miles. While I was there I looked around on thier lot. Well there was this row of Bran new BLACK 2015 Mustangs. OH MY GOD they were so caked in pollen they seriously looked green. I mean I don't know how they are going to keep their cars clean. Until the end of this "pollen season" anyway.

Thank again all. I am so loving this community
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                              It could possibly be surface contaminants from the day to day drive. The pollen doesn't help. You could use some ultimate quik wax to give the UW a boost after washing or as a drying aid.
                              @ The Guz. Thank you for telling me that I could use Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax to help dry the car. Not only is it a great way to dry the car spot free but it defentally helps "recharge" the wax job. I think this is the best addition to my washing routine since I started using two buckets. Thanks again buddy

Mike

Comment

That's great news. It's a good maintenance product for ultimate wax.
                                99 Grand Prix
                                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');