• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Car Wash Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Car Wash Scratches

Hello all:

My wifes car is a 07 Maxima. The car was parked in our garage and the overhead garage light was on. As I was coming out of the home the hood of the car caught my attention. I can see what appear to be circular scratches on the hood. I started to Google about how to remove them and came across some discussion about the Meguiars G110v2 polisher.

Not wanting to make the situation worse (or ruin the clear coat) I figured it would be best to post here before I attempt to work on her car.

I would appreciate a point in the right direction (or a thread where this might have been discussed before).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Terry

Re: Removing Car Wash Scratches

A Dual-Action polisher like the G110V2 is the correct approach, IMO. It's an investment for the future appearance of all your vehicles. I bought my first DA in 1995 and it is still the best detailing investment I ever made. A good DA is a safe and fast way to remove those swirls.

Along with the DA you will need some polishing and finishing pads along with some polish. I might suggest looking for the 5 1/2" Meguiar's Micro-fiber starter kit which includes D300 and D301 polishes and the needed pads.

Be warned, detailing is a sickness and once you catch it there is no known cure.

To get started check out the "Quick Tips" Meguiar's videos here: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...s-Video-Series
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Comment

do it by hand with Scratch-X. or the new DA Power system. Inexpensive way to get a little DA in your hand and I'll do that hood in a few passes.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');