• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

black car scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black car scratches

Today I worked on a friend of mines car. He has a black Hyundai Sonata, filled with swirls,scratches, paint transfers and the works. I used the da mf system and it cleared all the swirls no problem at all. Basically effortless. I cannot say enough good things about that system. He had scratches that were white but I could not feel them with my fingernail...I could not get them out and honestly I did try but I did not try REALLY hard because i was scared to go through his clear coat. I was using a da and I have read it can be hard to go through but I did not want to push my limit. Without pictures...is that normal for there to be scratches that you cannot feel with your fingernail but cant polish out? After re-reading this I realize this may be a hard question to answer but any insight would help.

Yes it is possible to have scratches below the clear or in the clear. Might require a wet sand and then polish it out. If the customer is happy and your not comfortable then leave it alone.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

If it is original paint i seriously doubt they are behind the cc.

Maybe those scratches need more work. Give it a try burning pain with the DA is kinda hard to achieve.

Comment

Re: black car scratches

yes and there not behind the cc.
        push harder and move faster.
        you won't go through the cc unless you don't pay attention and grind the hell out of the paint.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks for the insight everyone. I will give it a try when he is back over...just threw me off that its a black car and there is white scratches that I could not feel with my fingernail.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');