• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Black Car-Need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Black Car-Need advise

Hi Guys

Just purchased a brand new KIA Optima in black. I have been a long time user of Meguiar"s products and want to try the new Black Wax on my vehicle. I'll be using Meguiar"s dual action polisher for application, but need to know what would be the correct pad to use?

I see in some of the other posts some like the yellow pad some like the black.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Brand New Black Car-Need advise

Since Its a new car I would clay it. Polish it with the yellow pad . then I would add Ultimate liquid wax on top of it to lock in shine :-)

lol username same as my avatar

Comment

If no defects, the Finishing pad would be fine. If some minor defects, would try the Polishing pad.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the advise. If it ever warms up here I'll give it a try.

Comment

Keep in mind, Some car dealers use glaze on new cars ,so it may have some defects but you might not see them if a glaze was used on it.

Comment

Yellow pad will give you better results. You defiantly have defects. You might not be able to see them until you properly clean the paint.
            Just use the yellow pad and you'll be amazed at the results.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks again, will post some pics when done.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');